Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Damien McGillicuddy is testing the EM1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Damien McGillicuddy is testing the EM1

Originally posted by David M View Post
    Why not make a real digital OM, a three way switch, Manual, Off, Auto (aperture priority). No need for a dial with multiple exposure modes. Replace the mode dial with an ISO dial which doubles as an exposure compensation dial.
    Because only you and about 5 others would buy it

Ian
    Founder and editor of:
    Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
    Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
    Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
    Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
    NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
    sigpic

Comment

I'd really like to be able to "SAVE" settings from the camera via WiFi to the iPhone/Tablet/PC. Then be able to use an "APP" to adjust the settings to a named "MyMode" EG "Studio Portraits", then be able to "LOAD" them back to the camera whenever I want.

Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
        I'd really like to be able to "SAVE" settings from the camera via WiFi to the iPhone/Tablet/PC. Then be able to use an "APP" to adjust the settings to a named "MyMode" EG "Studio Portraits", then be able to "LOAD" them back to the camera whenever I want.

I'm not aware of any camera which can do that, but I don't know why. It would greatly enhance useability.
        Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

I realise that Ian, just like me wanting 12 ISO when everyone else wants 1,000,000 ISO.

Mind you, I'd buy two of them, you always need a backup body. At least with digital you don't have to carry multiple bodies calibrated to each film stock you're shooting.
          It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
            That would be outside Olympus' current naming convention. OM-D is the type. E-Mx is the specific. At least, that's what they said when the E-M5 was launched.
            Stephen, sorry ... it must be the OM-D Pro E-M7 then
            [I].
            I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
            Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by pvasc View Post
              I thought so too at first glance, but it is the guy behind him with the Canon. To my poor eyes it looks in both picture Damien has hold of the EM-5.
              Although the image is poor, it looks to me like the EM1.
              Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

It's hard to say, given the quality of that image, but I think I can see the gap between body and removable grip - which places it as the E-M5. Also the picture is from the Whitby Goth Weekend, which was held in April, probably a little too early for it to be an E-M1.
                John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Probably right then.
                  Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

I shall be reading Robin Wong's review after the Kuala Lumpar "event" on 21st Sept.
                    Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                    Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                    Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                    Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                    Learn something new every day

Comment

Good point, he is usually an excellent read

Comment

Working...
                      X