Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

What will be the substance of the announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What will be the substance of the announcement

attracting new users to the system? If they can make something around the size of the 620, as strong as the E-5 and fully compatible with older lenses, I think they have a good chance of success.
    That's what i was trying to say! I am certain that the executives at Oly must know this.
    hearts at peace under an English heaven

Comment

Originally posted by sponner View Post
      That's what i was trying to say! I am certain that the executives at Oly must know this.
      I'd like to think so. We will see.

Hec
      I've worked hard to be this grumpy. It hasn't been easy at times but it's worth it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Internaut;244691]I've already commented in 'the other place' that if the GH3 offered super fast AF on Four Thirds lenses, then we would already be there.

Will Olympus deliver a new and compelling body that will make E-1/3/5 owners happy, while also attracting new users to the system? If they can make something around the size of the 620, as strong as the E-5 and fully compatible with older lenses, I think they have a good chance of success.[/QUOTE]

[I].
        I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
        Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by Internaut View Post
          If they can make something around the size of the 620, as strong as the E-5 and fully compatible with older lenses, I think they have a good chance of success.
          Strangely this is exactly what I was looking for when I purchased my E-M5 last year. The E-M5 ticked so many boxes - size, weight, OLED touch screen, SD card, good sensor with high usable ISO, 5 axis IBIS - that the one box it didn't tick (fast focus with the FT 12-60) was not enough of a deterrent. Having now got the E-M5 the new camera would have to be very special indeed to make me loose money by switching.
          Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
          Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
          Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
          Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
          Learn something new every day

Comment

If I were in the market for a new camera - which I'm not - I would still stop short of the idea of what 'I would like.' In this way if the new offering(s) falls far short of expectations, I'm not going to be disappointed.

There has been some excellent suggestion for wish lists and so, fingers crossed the odd bucket list will get filled. Hopefully, none of the buckets will have a hole in the bottom.
            It's not what inspires us that is important, it's where the journey takes us.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Comment

Fortunately, for once I'm not in the market for a new camera, as my current E-M5 and E-PL5 both comfortably exceed my capabilities and wishes. However, the E-P5 when fitted with the VF4 is slighly tempting! So if a new camera were even better than that, it would be the canine coconuts.

Indeed, the new Panasonic GX7, if fitted with some Olympus tweaks, would be the target to beat, and I suspect be close to what's about to be announced.
              Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

I know that we don't do "Rumors" here, but if those that are out there, have any substance, there should be some happy bunnies (until they see the price)
                Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
                  (until they see the price)
                  I've worked hard to be this grumpy. It hasn't been easy at times but it's worth it.

Comment

+1. I think it will make the E-M5 look cheap.
                    Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                    Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                    Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                    Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                    Learn something new every day

Comment

John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Blimey John I hope you are wrong
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Well, looking at the OMD, E-PL5 and E-PM2, it looks like Olympus cameras have retained their cameras better, since they stopped peddling prehistoric sensor tech . The E-P5 will come down in price a bit though - they were taking the Mickey with that one.

Incidentally, I learned a new word today. I think it's Yiddish, and it might explain some of Olympus's pricing decisions. Can anyone help me with the pronunciation of chutzpah?

Comment

Well, looking at the OMD, E-PL5 and E-PM2, it looks like Olympus cameras have retained their cameras better, since they stopped peddling prehistoric sensor tech . The E-P5 will come down in price a bit though - they were taking the Mickey with that one.

Incidentally, I learned a new word today. I think it's Yiddish, and it might explain some of Olympus's pricing decisions. Can anyone help me with the pronunciation of chutzpah?
                            Chutzpah is a new word for me, too. I've just looked up it's meaning and it applies brilliantly to Olympus pricing decisions! There's a place for this word in the English language!
                            John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Can anyone help me with the pronunciation of chutzpah?
                              The 'c' is silent!

Andrew

Comment

Nice new word for me too.

For pronunication try:

http://howjsay.com/index.php?word=chutzpah

Comment

Working...
                                X