Card slot settings..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Card slot settings..............

This camera still seems to have a software glitch when coming to what card does what.

My own settings are Card 1-photos, and card 2-video and overflow if card 1 fills up during a session.

A month ago, I had to format a card, and found the default was now saving single photos to card 2. Next time I format a card I will check to see if the same happens again.

Just now, I see the photos are going to Card 2 again. Card 1 is quite full, only 1.83GB free. I noticed yesterday that photos were taking quite some time to save so assume it was saving to Card 2 then. Car 2 slower transfer speed...

Was it the last update that tried to do something with the cards, don't think it solved anything. Right now, I have had to take out both cards, look at them in the computer, now I can re-allocate card 1 to photos in Cog/H1. Before I did this card 1 was greyed out....

I take it all back, the problem is my Lexar card lock slipping to the lock position when placing the card in the slot...……...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Re: Card slot settings..............

I have had exactly the same problem. Nothing that a dab of SuperGlue won't fix.
    Larry

Cameras: Olympus OM-D E-M1 II, Olympus OM-D E-M1 | Flash: Olympus FL-50R
    Lenses: Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm f/4.0 IS PRO, Olympus MMF-3 adaptor, Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD, Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-45mm 1:3.5-5.6, Olympus Zuiko Digital 40-150mm 1:3.5-4.5, Olympus Zuiko Digital 70-300mm 1:4-5.6, Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f4.0-6.3 ASPH

Comment

Same here - and if the little tab breaks off altogether, I cut a little sliver of plastic and super-glue that into the slot on the card.
      Mike
      visit my Natural History Photos website:
      http://www.botanicdesign.co.uk/Natur...story/home.htm

Comment

Your Lexar SD card might be a problem here, but if the slot 1 SD card has filled up & started writing to slot 2, then even when the SD card in slot one is empty (after deleting all files or formatting in camera) the Card Slot Settings will need to be reconfigured again. Also, if the card is removed from Slot 1 with the camera on or turned on without it in, then the same applies, but I guess you already knew that though.
        Ross
        I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
        Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
        Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
        Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
        Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
          Your Lexar SD card might be a problem here, but if the slot 1 SD card has filled up & started writing to slot 2, then even when the SD card in slot one is empty (after deleting all files or formatting in camera) the Card Slot Settings will need to be reconfigured again. Also, if the card is removed from Slot 1 with the camera on or turned on without it in, then the same applies, but I guess you already knew that though.
          Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

I've found the auto reasignment of card slots a pain too. I dont remember it doing it before the v3 update.
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
              I've found the auto reasignment of card slots a pain too. I dont remember it doing it before the v3 update.
              It's always been the case that I've known it. You know that, "I'll turn on the camera & take another photo & ...... rats! the card is still in the computer!" scenario.
              Ross
              Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.

Comment

Originally posted by griffljg View Post
                I have had exactly the same problem. Nothing that a dab of SuperGlue won't fix.
                My SanDisk card has this problem. The write lock tab has become increasingly slack over time - I think the card holder in the camera is less wide than optimal and so the edge of the slot catches on the tab when it is inserted.
                Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Gwyver View Post
                  My SanDisk card has this problem. The write lock tab has become increasingly slack over time - I think the card holder in the camera is less wide than optimal and so the edge of the slot catches on the tab when it is inserted.
                  The camera or your reader? Not pushing it in straight could be a problem though.
                  Ross

Comment

The weak link in all of this is the SD card. The physical manufacturing quality and dimension accuracy are not high (that's polite for "cheap as chips"). The camera is designed to handle thousands of card insertions. The cards are not. As Sergei would say simples
                    Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
                      The camera or your reader? Not pushing it in straight could be a problem though.
                      Ross,
                      The problem is the slot in the camera. My Lexar card reader works fine.
                      Chris

Comment

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

as I mentioned earlier in this thread - repairs aren't difficult if you can cut a suitable sliver of plastic and use some super glue - done it several times
                          Mike
                          visit my Natural History Photos website:
                          http://www.botanicdesign.co.uk/Natur...story/home.htm

Comment

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

I not had that problem yet, Hope I don't either. I use Card slot 1 for RAw, same for card slot 2. But because I got a 64gb in slot one I've not ever used slot 2 yet. Glad you got it sorted Mark. (MJ224)

Comment

Working...
                              X