Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scanner Mode

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Scanner Mode

    Mine's on mode1 (not activated) and it works fine. Having said that, my camera is still on firmware version 2.2. I did try to update it but the update failed (several times). I did manage to update the firmware on my 300 f4 though which is all I really care about as I want to use the MC-20 at some point in the future. The camera body is fine as it is. I have no trouble focusing on birds in flight.
    Best wishes

    Wildwood

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Scanner Mode

      Must admit I am still changing this mode as per failures on the moment.

      Mode 1 seems to fail to focus most, Mode 2 works well, and Mode 3 works OK, but suspect it might work better when bif'ing…………..

      Not conclusive at the mo...……..
      Mark Johnson

      My Sailing Page

      My Flickr

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Scanner Mode

        Does anyone know if this is the same for the M1X or is that better at focusing due to the 2 processors?

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Scanner Mode

          Originally posted by Wildwood View Post
          Mine's on mode1 (not activated) and it works fine. Having said that, my camera is still on firmware version 2.2. I did try to update it but the update failed (several times). I did manage to update the firmware on my 300 f4 though which is all I really care about as I want to use the MC-20 at some point in the future. The camera body is fine as it is. I have no trouble focusing on birds in flight.
          3.1 is much better.
          The best way to solve your update problem is to install Olympus Workspace, then update all the software (from its menu), and then do the camera update (from its menu).
          It is likely you are running old update software, you should be running v2.2

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Scanner Mode

            Originally posted by Growltiger View Post
            3.1 is much better.
            The best way to solve your update problem is to install Olympus Workspace, then update all the software (from its menu), and then do the camera update (from its menu).
            It is likely you are running old update software, you should be running v2.2

            That probably explains it. At least it updated the lens which is all I really care about. I may update the body via the SD card at some point.
            Best wishes

            Wildwood

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Scanner Mode

              Originally posted by Wildwood View Post
              That probably explains it. At least it updated the lens which is all I really care about. I may update the body via the SD card at some point.
              If you uninstall the Updater & get it again, you will (should) get version 2.1.3 which should then be OK for updating the camera, if you don't want to install Olympus Workspace. That way you can save the camera settings that you won't get with doing it the LightSnowDev way.
              Ross
              I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
              Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
              Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
              Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
              Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Scanner Mode

                Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
                If you uninstall the Updater & get it again, you will (should) get version 2.1.3 which should then be OK for updating the camera, if you don't want to install Olympus Workspace. That way you can save the camera settings that you won't get with doing it the LightSnowDev way.

                The Updater is already on 2.1.3. I've got the settings saved in Workspace so could easily restore them after an SD update. Not that I think I'll ever bother as the camera works absolutely fine as it is.
                Best wishes

                Wildwood

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Scanner Mode

                  Originally posted by Wildwood View Post
                  The Updater is already on 2.1.3. I've got the settings saved in Workspace so could easily restore them after an SD update. Not that I think I'll ever bother as the camera works absolutely fine as it is.
                  The current version of the updater is 2.2
                  I realise that people report that 2.1.3 works, but I prefer to use the latest, which came out some time ago now.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X