Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Updating/adding to custom function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating/adding to custom function

I have the settings I use for BIF/action loaded to C3. I would like to add a couple of different settings to this. I'm confused after reading the manual (no surprise there). I've also looked in Darrell Young's book and still confused.

My specific question: if I have my camera set to C3 on the dial, and then change the settings I want to change, how do I make them 'stick'? If I move the dial off of C3 they go away, but if I'm reading the manual correctly (big if) I can't write to C3 while I'm in C3. ??

Do I have to save my new/improved settings somewhere first? Or do I need to do some switcheroo with another C?

Any specific instructions much appreciated!

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Re: Updating/adding to custom function

Not quite right as that won't let you assign the mode and the shutter speed/aperture.

Do the following to edit the C3 settings.
      1. Set mode dial to P A S or M depending on which mode you want C3 to give you. (Don't set the dial to C3.)
      2. Go into the menu and Recall from Custom Mode C3.
      3. Make the changes.
      4. Set the shutter speed/aperture to what you want stored.
      5. Go into the menu and Assign to Custom Mode C3.

Comment

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Shooting Menu 1
          Reset/Custom Modes
          Recall from Custom Mode

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingChick View Post
            I have the settings I use for BIF/action loaded to C3. I would like to add a couple of different settings to this. I'm confused after reading the manual (no surprise there). I've also looked in Darrell Young's book and still confused.

My specific question: if I have my camera set to C3 on the dial, and then change the settings I want to change, how do I make them 'stick'? If I move the dial off of C3 they go away, but if I'm reading the manual correctly (big if) I can't write to C3 while I'm in C3. ??

Do I have to save my new/improved settings somewhere first? Or do I need to do some switcheroo with another C?

Any specific instructions much appreciated!
            You asked the same thing in mu43 as well and got the same reply.
            Better to try one forum at a time, I almost wrote my reply twice.

Comment

I didn't think it hurt to try more than one place. Sorry.

Comment

Thank you all for your help!

Comment

Working...
                X