omd1 Mk2 Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omd1 Mk2 Settings

Hi all, omd1 mk2 being new to me, and me being 72 years old I find the settings a bit confusing to me.
    I need settings for everyday photography using Aperture Priority + one for Nature.BIF/Sport etc. All using BBF.. Need to delete my default C1 C2 C3 as I do not want to take JPG/RAW or 18 fps. RAW and 8fps to 10fps would be ideal. Then how do I save them to the custom settings. Cheers n Beers.

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Re: omd1 Mk2 Settings

Thank You MJ224 Appreciated lots..i just wrote down that Menu Reset etc. as I know I will forget it otherwise....I Live in Swansea.

Comment

Mastering the Olympus OM-D EM1 Mark II by Darrell Young covers every item on the menu and has recommended settings for everything. My copy was published last year so doesn't cover firmware 3.1. Well worth buying. He wrote a similar book for the Mark I.
        David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

Dennis you certainly came to the right place with that question. I'm sure those on the forum more expert than me will provide you with suitable settings. Here is a link to a setup sheet by a recognised Olympus expert.
          https://www.wrotniak.net/photo/m43/e...ett-sheet.html
          I used wrotniaks settings when i first got the camera but since then I've just changed things as needed.
          Key for me was using the anti shutter shock setting designated with a little diamond where it adds a very short delay into the shooting process to allow any shutter vibrations to die down. Certainly gave me sharper images around 1/200s. Otherwise for most of my shooting i just leave the camera at 200 iso with centre weighted metering and f5.6-f8 on aperture priority shooting as my basic starting point. I'll vary the aperture, shutter speed and iso from there as needed for fast movement or low light or more/ less dof.

I will say the various books are good and I did get the David Busch one for my EM1 Mk1 but it's virtually never been opened so I didn't bother getting one for the mk2.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Russ View Post
            Thank You MJ224 Appreciated lots..i just wrote down that Menu Reset etc. as I know I will forget it otherwise....I Live in Swansea.
            Hello Dennis. I was going to recommend this site to you.....but you beat me to it.
            Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Thank You Melaka...Thank You Phill D. Bookmarked it now..Thank You brnvendetta.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Russ View Post
                Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Hi Mark, Many, Many Thanks for meeting me today. was a Pleasure to go n take photos with you. Not Only That, Many Thanks for showing me the settings and for setting up my camera omd1 mk2 in the C1/C2/C3. The Three 6 shots bracketing I had a go of for very first time are GREAT. Takes 6 images and the 7th is the final image..Will try the 8 stack next time. Dragonflys sharp from tail to head. Wings are Good but the wood they were sitting on was not ideal for stacking. Not sure how to post images on here but you will find the 3 I took on this site--Olympus OM-D Owners Group UK and my Facebook site Dennis Russ. I shall see you again soon. Take Care.

Comment

Small Copper

Common Blue

Common Darter

Horsefly...Thanks Alf..

Migrant Hawker (ID to be confirmed)

by Mark Johnson, on Flickr

Been a good day at WWT Llanelli with Dennis...……...an Oly meet up. Look forward to more meets...……

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Hi Mark, Thanks for your patience with me today. Was good having the meet with you.
                      A very Enjoyable day indeed. Thank You for setting the settings for me in my Oly. Appreciated Lots. I shall be doing a bit more Stacking now I gave it a go today. Might up it from 6 images to 8 to see how it goes.

As for uploading images on this site, size too small for my liking and I normally avoid uploading photos this kind of way. Prefer straight from PC. I shall see if I can sort a few out and upload to my Flickr site. Will post if n when I successful. LOL

Comment

Lets see if I can do it..1st one of Stack.

For 15 years I not able to do this properly, don't know why. I Hate Flickr these days as even my uploader don't work since Smugmug took over.
                        I'll stick to my Facebook & Olympus OM-D Owners Group UK for images.
                        Sorry Mark.
                        Uploaded to my Zenfolio site and it is far far easier to Embed the image..Will upload the other two stacks next. Phew!

Comment

Here is the second Stack of 6 images.

And Third-

This third one you can see it fluttered its wings..

Comment

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

A bit late but I have found Darrell Young, 'Mastering the Olympus OM-D E-M1 markii' very helpful.

Comment

Working...
                              X