v3 Firmware for mk2 - updates for mk2, m1x and lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v3 Firmware for mk2 - updates for mk2, m1x and lenses

Olympus just announced firmware updates for the m1x, mk2, 300mmF4 and 40-150 f2.8. I'll be staying in tonight then..

https://www.olympus.co.uk/site/en/c/...ort/index.html

"New firmware available for professional OM-D line-up
    New firmwares are now available for both the OM‑D E‑M1X and the E‑M1 Mark II. The E‑M1 Mark II firmware upgrade includes major improvements of the camera's autofocus performance, image quality, higher dynamic range for videos ‑ just to name a few. Don't miss out on also downloading the newest version of our Olympus Workspace software when you upgrade your camera! Moreover, new firmware updates for the M.Zuiko Digital ED 40‑150mm F2.8 PRO and ED 300mm F4 IS PRO lenses have been released to support the freshly announced M.Zuiko Digital 2x Teleconverter MC‑20."
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/macg33zr/

Re: v3 Firmware for mk2 - updates for mk2, m1x and lenses

Yep looks good, can actually use the camera whilst it's still writing. Some good other tweaks too. Just want to be able to use the EVF when the screen is flipped out now and it'll be just about perfect Not sure when it will be available though as it's not there in the download link?

https://www.getolympus.com/firmware?...0b01080a18050b

Screenshot 2019-06-19 at 08.55.56 by TDG-77, on Flickr
    Nikon Z7, 70-200mm f2.8 VRII, 18-35mm f3.5-4.5G, 24-70mm f4, 85m f1.8, 50mm f1.8, Nikon SB-700.

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, Panasonic Leica 100-400mm, 40-150mm f2.8, 40-150mm f4-5.6 R, 45mm f1.8

My Flickr
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/99443690@N04/

www.tobygunneephotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by snerkler View Post
      Not sure when it will be available though as it's not there in the download link?
      Try updating the firmware through Olympus Workspace. I have just updated mine and it appears to be fine.
      Larry

Cameras: Olympus OM-D E-M1 II, Olympus OM-D E-M1 | Flash: Olympus FL-50R
      Lenses: Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm f/4.0 IS PRO, Olympus MMF-3 adaptor, Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD, Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-45mm 1:3.5-5.6, Olympus Zuiko Digital 40-150mm 1:3.5-4.5, Olympus Zuiko Digital 70-300mm 1:4-5.6, Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f4.0-6.3 ASPH

Comment

Did it remember all your custom settings and reapply them after the update? As this is a major update, I presume the camera will lose them unless they are recorded in the update software and reapplied?

Chris
        Chris

Black OM-D E-M1 MkII, Silver PEN-F, Black Lumix GX7, and too many lenses!

Comment

Originally posted by griffljg View Post
          Try updating the firmware through Olympus Workspace. I have just updated mine and it appears to be fine.
          Thanks, I'll give it a go later. Can you confirm whether you still can't use the EVF whilst the screen is flipped out?
          Nikon Z7, 70-200mm f2.8 VRII, 18-35mm f3.5-4.5G, 24-70mm f4, 85m f1.8, 50mm f1.8, Nikon SB-700.

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, Panasonic Leica 100-400mm, 40-150mm f2.8, 40-150mm f4-5.6 R, 45mm f1.8

My Flickr
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/99443690@N04/

www.tobygunneephotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by CJJE View Post
            Did it remember all your custom settings and reapply them after the update? As this is a major update, I presume the camera will lose them unless they are recorded in the update software and reapplied?

Chris
            Yes it did. Happily so as I didn't really want to do it all again.
            Larry

Lenses: Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm f/4.0 IS PRO, Olympus MMF-3 adaptor, Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD, Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-45mm 1:3.5-5.6, Olympus Zuiko Digital 40-150mm 1:3.5-4.5, Olympus Zuiko Digital 70-300mm 1:4-5.6, Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f4.0-6.3 ASPH

Comment

There doesn't seem to be any firmware at that link - just some PDF blurb about the camera.
              Paul
              E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
              flickr
              Portfolio Site
              Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by snerkler View Post
                Thanks, I'll give it a go later. Can you confirm whether you still can't use the EVF whilst the screen is flipped out?
                Sadly, that is still the case. Not that it bothers me. I never really considered it to be an issue. Until you pointed it out, I wasn't even aware of this "fault?".
                Larry

Comment

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
                  There doesn't seem to be any firmware at that link - just some PDF blurb about the camera.
                  The link provided by snerkler works though.

Looks like some nice improvements there. .
                  Paul
                  flickr
                  Portfolio Site
                  Instagram

Comment

Just updated my camera and two lenses. All worked fine and using the updater app it saved and restored my custom settings.
                    Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by griffljg View Post
                      Yes it did. Happily so as I didn't really want to do it all again.
                      Great, thanks for the info.

Chris
                      Chris

Black OM-D E-M1 MkII, Silver PEN-F, Black Lumix GX7, and too many lenses!

Comment

I can sense enjoyment expressed here. Must be exciting, just like Christmas and the realisation of playing with your new toys you only dreamt of in the lead up to the big day.
                        Steve

on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricoh View Post
                          I can sense enjoyment expressed here. Must be exciting, just like Christmas and the realisation of playing with your new toys you only dreamt of in the lead up to the big day.
                          I guess you can't upgrade the firmware in a 35mm film camera. You should try one of these new fangled things though Steve - it can be fun sometimes
                          Paul
                          flickr
                          Portfolio Site
                          Instagram

Comment

I have some experience of proving software (we had separate functions: those who specified, coders and verification all under separate directorates). With the best that money could afford, bugs did go unnoticed; it's the frailty of humans. It's a possibility that the individuals at Olympus are 'streets' ahead, but I somewhat doubt it.

I'm not sure you're aware (why would you?) I have an EM5 Mk 1 and a GM5 Mk whatever. No software updates, thank God.

Ps Incidentally, are we talking software or firmware? You do appreciate the difference of course.
                            Steve

on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
                              The link provided by snerkler works though.

Looks like some nice improvements there. .
                              I'm not sure what else is displayed there but the Aussie site (& probably Asia) shows the "Firmware Version 3.0 Enhanced Auto Focus and Image Quality" quite nicely.
                              https://www.olympus.com.au/Products/...re-Version-3-0
                              Ross
                              I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                              Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                              Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                              Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                              Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Working...
                              X