Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: v3 Firmware for mk2 - updates for mk2, m1x and lenses

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
    Not at all. I did it as soon as I could this afternoon (downunder) while you were likely just getting out of bed.

If you were sitting on an Airbus Axxx and an announcement came over the tannoy that the software had been updated, just as quick, would you a) sit there and think nice things about the flight ahead, maybe order a 1/3 bottle of wine with your meal, or b) head to the nearest escape exit pdq (assuming you were still on the ground, at the stand)?!
    Steve

on flickr

Comment

Hi Paul
      Just tried My EM1 II with 300mm, camera + lens goes off after 1Min and wakes on pressing the button.
      looked at settings, J2, "sleep" is set 1Min, "auto Power Off" at 30 min, "Quick sleep Mode" to Off
      Don't know if this helps
      Pault

Comment

Originally posted by CJJE View Post
        Updated manuals for cameras and lenses are at https://cs.olympus-imaging.jp/en/sup...l/pen.cfm#lens

Chris
        Thanks for the link Chris, a useful resource.

John

Comment

Originally posted by pault View Post
          Hi Paul
          Just tried My EM1 II with 300mm, camera + lens goes off after 1Min and wakes on pressing the button.
          looked at settings, J2, "sleep" is set 1Min, "auto Power Off" at 30 min, "Quick sleep Mode" to Off
          Don't know if this helps
          Pault
          Also try switching from C1 to M

75% of the time my lens freezes.
          I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

If i am on C1 and camera goes to sleep, then just rotating knob to M everything wakes up

Comment

Originally posted by pault View Post
              If i am on C1 and camera goes to sleep, then just rotating knob to M everything wakes up
              Must be my camera then...

Comment

Hmm, you maybe right. Is the lens seated properly in the mount, I mean locked in position

Comment

Problems this way...First my battery runs out after 183 shots. Olympus already knows.
                  Secondly--I just tried to update this new Firmare. Took card out of camera Plugged it into PC and Nothing happens. Yes I opened the updater first. so I then Took off the lens and tried it without, nothing. I then put on the 45mm lens, still NOTHING...Kept plugging in cable & un plugging cable and battery runs down to 98% from 100%.. Any Ideas on this ??

Comment

Originally posted by snerkler View Post
                    Thanks, I'll give it a go later. Can you confirm whether you still can't use the EVF whilst the screen is flipped out?
                    I have the new software installed. The EVF works perfectly with the screen flipped out. If you put your eye to it, the EVF works, when you remove your eye, the screen comes on.

Well worth reading the new manual, starting at page 196...

Additions/modifications by the fi rmware version 3.0
                    Viewfinder and Monitor Displays
                    Even while the monitor is in the open position, the camera uses the eye sensor to
                    automatically switch between the monitor and viewfinder displays.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Russ View Post
                      Problems this way...First my battery runs out after 183 shots. Olympus already knows.
                      Secondly--I just tried to update this new Firmare. Took card out of camera Plugged it into PC and Nothing happens. Yes I opened the updater first. so I then Took off the lens and tried it without, nothing. I then put on the 45mm lens, still NOTHING...Kept plugging in cable & un plugging cable and battery runs down to 98% from 100%.. Any Ideas on this ??
                      Yeah. Follow ALL the instructions here. https://cs.olympus-imaging.jp/en/sup...date_setbk.cfm

You needed to press the OK button on the camera to select Storage, but read all the instruction & follow them to the letter & you shouldn't have problems (so long as the computer is doing what it is supposed to). Make sure you install Olympus Workspace & run the Updater from there. It works.
                      Ross
                      I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                      Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                      Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                      Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                      Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Russ View Post
                        You dont need to take card out of camera.

If you first open the Camera Updater app on your PC or Mac it will say connect camera.

Then connect the USB cable between you PC/Mac and Camera
                        Then power on the camera and select Storage on the camera from the list that pops up.

Then click the Next button on the Updater app and follow the steps.
                        Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                          I have updated my camera and was keen to try the C-AF Centre Prioity setting. However, it doesn't seem to work. When there is a subject under the centre point, the AF still jumps off to other points for no reason that I can discern. Any thoughts?
                          I rushed out to try this as soon as I had installed the update this morning but, like you, I still couldn't get it to perform as expected. I don't understand how it is meant to work.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Olybirder View Post
                            I rushed out to try this as soon as I had installed the update this morning but, like you, I still couldn't get it to perform as expected. I don't understand how it is meant to work.

Ron

Glad it's not just me then! Perhaps they'll fix it.

It does seem to have slightly different behaviour with C-AF Centre Priority is on versus when it is off but it doesn't work asd described. Perhaps the AF point selection is merely biased towards the centre point. As usual with Olympus, we don't know.

Comment

I read the centre priority as to mean it is biased towards the centre, but not exclusively using the centre... Dunno if that helps? I've tried it out and though the box does vary where it displays it seems to get a good capture though.

Comment

Originally posted by Walti View Post
                                I read the centre priority as to mean it is biased towards the centre, but not exclusively using the centre... Dunno if that helps? I've tried it out and though the box does vary where it displays it seems to get a good capture though.

It is all explained on page 200 of the new manual.
                                Note that Center Start doesn't apply if Center Priority is turned on, for each focus area selection. The default is Center Start for ALL focus areas, and Focus Priority for all the others (5x5 etc.).

C-AF Center Start
                                [C-AF Center Start] has been added to the Custom Menu (MENU A1).
                                Option Description
                                C-AF Center
                                Start
                                When used in combination with an AF-target mode other than single
                                target, [C-AF], [C-AF+TR], [C-AF MF] and [C-AF+TR MF] focus on
                                the center of the selected group only during the initial scan. During
                                later scans, the camera will focus using the surrounding targets.
                                Combining this option with an AF-target mode that covers a wide
                                area makes it easier to focus on erratically-moving subjects.
                                • Center start is enabled in modes indicated by a v.
                                • Center start does not take effect when [C-AF Center Priority] (P.200) is enabled.

C-AF Center Priority
                                [C-AF Center Priority] has been added to the Custom Menu (MENU A1).
                                Option Description
                                C-AF Center
                                Priority
                                When focusing using group-target AF in [C-AF] and [C-AF MF]
                                modes, the camera always assigns priority to the center target in the
                                selected group for a repeated series of focus operations. Only if the
                                camera is unable to focus using the center focus target will it focus
                                using the surrounding targets in the selected focus group. This helps
                                you track subjects that are moving quickly but relatively predictably.
                                Center priority is recommended in most situations.
                                • Center priority is enabled in modes indicated by a v.

Comment

Working...
                                X