v3 Firmware for mk2 - updates for mk2, m1x and lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: v3 Firmware for mk2 - updates for mk2, m1x and lenses

I have updated my camera and was keen to try the C-AF Centre Prioity setting. However, it doesn't seem to work. When there is a subject under the centre point, the AF still jumps off to other points for no reason that I can discern. Any thoughts?

Comment

Does anyone know what the low ISO processing (Detail Priority) actually is? Is it a combined image shooting mode like hi-res and therefore can only be used on a tripod and static subjects, otherwise I'm not sure how you can improve detail in an image purely by software?

Also, I like that they've reduced high ISO noise, I hope this is not just by adding NR though.
      Nikon Z7, 70-200mm f2.8 VRII, 18-35mm f3.5-4.5G, 24-70mm f4, 85m f1.8, 50mm f1.8, Nikon SB-700.

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, Panasonic Leica 100-400mm, 40-150mm f2.8, 40-150mm f4-5.6 R, 45mm f1.8

My Flickr
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/99443690@N04/

www.tobygunneephotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
        I have updated my camera and was keen to try the C-AF Centre Prioity setting. However, it doesn't seem to work. When there is a subject under the centre point, the AF still jumps off to other points for no reason that I can discern. Any thoughts?
        Just tried it myself and it does the same to me, however it's only usually one square off centre most of the time. If I turn it off it's much more random. TBH though 99.99999% of the time I use single point AF so it's not a function I'll use.
        Nikon Z7, 70-200mm f2.8 VRII, 18-35mm f3.5-4.5G, 24-70mm f4, 85m f1.8, 50mm f1.8, Nikon SB-700.

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, Panasonic Leica 100-400mm, 40-150mm f2.8, 40-150mm f4-5.6 R, 45mm f1.8

My Flickr

Comment

Very brave updating firmware on the day its released.

Comment

Originally posted by Tram View Post
            Where's your sense of adventure?

Having said that I may have found a bug!
            I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

Just opened the window on a dull day in Cambridge and snapped a few birds at ISO6400 and would definitely say there is an improvement in the image noise wise... Goodness knows how they've achieved it, but it must be processing somewhere.

This is SOOC but squashed to fit the forum size limits...

EDIT:

Crop added:

Comment

Originally posted by Walti View Post

Do tell?

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by snerkler View Post
                  Do tell?
                  I've not repeated it with all lenses, but I'm finding my 300 f4 is going to sleep but the camera isn't, requiring a power cycle to bring it back to life...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                    Manual focus .
                    Steve

on flickr

Comment

Seems to be an Oly YouTube video here with a quick overview of the new features: https://youtu.be/A-tE9iugkD4

Some nice updates for a 2016 camera. I wish they had added in camera star ratings that can be picked up by DAM software somehow.

Going to update later tonight, still at work. A bit risky as going on a trip soon but none of my previous updates have been a problem...
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/macg33zr/

Comment

I've not repeated it with all lenses, but I'm finding my 300 f4 is going to sleep but the camera isn't, requiring a power cycle to bring it back to life...
                        Oh this is not good. I wanted something that turned off all the whirring gyros in the lens when not in use but not to this effect!
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/macg33zr/

Comment

Updated manuals for cameras and lenses are at https://cs.olympus-imaging.jp/en/sup...l/pen.cfm#lens

Chris
                          Chris

Black OM-D E-M1 MkII, Silver PEN-F, Black Lumix GX7, and too many lenses!

Comment

Originally posted by Tram View Post
                            Not at all. I did it as soon as I could this afternoon (downunder) while you were likely just getting out of bed.

Ross
                            I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                            Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                            Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                            Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                            Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Have you updated that 300 F4 lens as well?
                              Ross
                              I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                              Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                              Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                              Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                              Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
                                Have you updated that 300 F4 lens as well?
                                Yup!......

Comment

Working...
                                X