Firmware Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Firmware Update

May be due to another reason entirely but after installing the latest update, the brightness of the EVF screen does not change in line with exposure compensation changes. Current EVF-related settings are:- Auto Switch OFF; Auto Luminence OFF and when EVF Adjust is selected, the viewfinder screen is blank.

I wonder if there is something obvious I have missed and would be most grateful for advice.

Comment

Originally posted by crapbirder View Post
      May be due to another reason entirely but after installing the latest update, the brightness of the EVF screen does not change in line with exposure compensation changes. Current EVF-related settings are:- Auto Switch OFF; Auto Luminence OFF and when EVF Adjust is selected, the viewfinder screen is blank.

I wonder if there is something obvious I have missed and would be most grateful for advice.
      Have you tried turning EVF Auto Luminance on

Cog - I - EVF Adjust - Auto Luminance ON
      Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post
        Have you tried turning EVF Auto Luminance on

Cog - I - EVF Adjust - Auto Luminance ON
        Yes, tried Auto Luminance ON but no change. Many thanks for your suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by crapbirder View Post

Picking up on your comment about not reflecting exposure compensation, check the "Live View Boost" setting (first item under Cogs -> D2). It has sub-options for various kinds of shooting - if it is set to On, it will automagically adjust the brightness in the viewfinder to "help" with composition, focus etc. Of course this is exactly what you don't want when trying exposure compensation!

I got caught out with this some time ago - there was a firmware update that changed it and I didn't notice, so it's worth checking. If it's On, just reset to Off and see if that fixes it.

John

Comment

Sorry if I have misunderstood and am stating the blindingly obvious but you say that you have Auto Switch OFF and the viewfinder screen is blank. You will have to switch the viewfinder on manually using the button to the left of the viewfinder with the Auto Switch in the Off position. Have you tried this?

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Bikie John View Post
              Picking up on your comment about not reflecting exposure compensation, check the "Live View Boost" setting (first item under Cogs -> D2). It has sub-options for various kinds of shooting - if it is set to On, it will automagically adjust the brightness in the viewfinder to "help" with composition, focus etc. Of course this is exactly what you don't want when trying exposure compensation!

I got caught out with this some time ago - there was a firmware update that changed it and I didn't notice, so it's worth checking. If it's On, just reset to Off and see if that fixes it.

John
              Many thanks for your suggestion, Live View Boost already OFF as I seldom use LV. Sadly, the problem remains.

Comment

Originally posted by Olybirder View Post
                Sorry if I have misunderstood and am stating the blindingly obvious but you say that you have Auto Switch OFF and the viewfinder screen is blank. You will have to switch the viewfinder on manually using the button to the left of the viewfinder with the Auto Switch in the Off position. Have you tried this?

Ron
                Not at all stating the blindingly obvious and I tried switching the EVF/LV option but no change. Grateful for any advice/suggestions.

Comment

Many thanks to all for your suggestions. It maybe that carrying out the re-set/setting actions has solved the problem but for whatever the reason, problem no longer exists.

Comment

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh - don't you just hate that! Good that the problem has gone away of course, but frustrating that you don't know what caused it in the first place.

Glad you're sorted, anyway.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Bikie John View Post
                      Aaaarrrrgggghhhh - don't you just hate that! Good that the problem has gone away of course, but frustrating that you don't know what caused it in the first place.

Glad you're sorted, anyway.

John
                      Exactly my feelings entirely and again my thanks to all.

Comment

Just noticed a minor update V2.1 released on the 8 March 2018. States,

"Corrected issue of C-AF not operating correctly when using the "LEICA DG ELMARIT 200mm F2.8 / POWER O.I.S. (H-ES200)" interchangeable lens produced by Panasonic."

If I don't use this 200mm 2.8, can I skip this update?
                        * Henry
                        * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

I skipped it. Don't own that lens either. I am sure its features will be in the next update that might apply to us.

Comment

There may be some other less obvious improvements that haven't been documented, but I do understand any reticence when doing updates as there is a very small risk of something going wrong. A good strategy is to wait a few weeks to see how others get on with the update rather than jumping straight in.

Ian
                            Founder and editor of:
                            Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
                            Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
                            Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
                            Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                            Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                            Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
                            NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
                            sigpic

Comment

Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
                                There may be some other less obvious improvements that haven't been documented, but I do understand any reticence when doing updates as there is a very small risk of something going wrong. A good strategy is to wait a few weeks to see how others get on with the update rather than jumping straight in.

Ian
                                There is a thought circulating that due to cultural reasons, there is a chance that there may be fixes that aren't documented due to 'saving face', so while this may seem to be useless to all of us not using this lens there might just be another small fix. However, I've chosen to not update this time around, for now.
                                Ross
                                I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                                Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                                Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                                Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                                Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Working...
                                X