Saving the camera settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving the camera settings

As I may have to change camera bodies I tried out the Olympus Camera Updater to save the settings I have already made to the camera.

I then tried to interpret the saved files to see what I could see.
    The Full set of settings were not understandable with out a program to read them, the text view was not easily comprehensible

The MySet data looks as if it could be human readable - but as I had not set up any MySets I was not able to interpret the data.

So more news when and if I load the data into a new body.

Interesting to note that Oly are using a new style of USB socket and plug, this is the third type I have, it means that if taking the MKi and MKii on a trip one needs to take two different types of USB cables and two types of batteries and chargers. I suppose it is to incentivise us to buying two Mkiis
    This space for rent

Re: Saving the camera settings

Originally posted by DerekW View Post
    Interesting to note that Oly are using a new style of USB socket and plug...
    The one benefit is that the MkII socket is an industry standard one so the cable is easily replaceable.
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by DerekW View Post
      As I may have to change camera bodies I tried out the Olympus Camera Updater to save the settings I have already made to the camera.

I then tried to interpret the saved files to see what I could see.
      The Full set of settings were not understandable with out a program to read them, the text view was not easily comprehensible

The MySet data looks as if it could be human readable - but as I had not set up any MySets I was not able to interpret the data.

So more news when and if I load the data into a new body.

Interesting to note that Oly are using a new style of USB socket and plug, this is the third type I have, it means that if taking the MKi and MKii on a trip one needs to take two different types of USB cables and two types of batteries and chargers. I suppose it is to incentivise us to buying two Mkiis
      Comes back to what I remember was a recent comment about being able to generate and save settings on an external device (Can't say PC/Laptop nowadays - could be your phone, or even if we believe CES, your toaster!!
      Anyway a wish list nudge for Olympus

Comment

I have had to rely on the settings recovery in anger (ie the settings had been reset to clear a fault ) and low and behold it worked.

and the camera fault has appeared to be resolved as well.
        This space for rent

Comment

I relied on it after returning one E-M1ii and replacing it with another. The saved settings from the first camera loaded perfectly into the second.
          Instagram: TheBassmanBlog
          My Blog: TheBassmanBlog.com
          My Pictures: abbeyworks.smugmug.com

Comment

Working...
          X