Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

EM1 MKII Lock Up

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EM1 MKII Lock Up

Originally posted by Johnheatingman
    One obvious thing that stretched the time to resolve the issue was created by users reporting the instances on forums such as this but not to Olympus. Users seemed reluctant to send the camera for investigation and repair...

If Olympus had 100's of cameras returned under warranty for the same fault they may have been more inclined to address the problem a lot quicker than they eventually did.
    You are absolutely correct. Personally, I was reluctant to return my new camera to Olympus for a problem that is obviously their own execrable firmware bug, not a hardware problem - an objectively futile exercise. I guess others feel the same way.

Today, my camera locked immediately on switching it on - there is no pattern to the fault.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzrovian View Post
      You are absolutely correct. Personally, I was reluctant to return my new camera to Olympus for a problem that is obviously their own execrable firmware bug, not a hardware problem - an objectively futile exercise. I guess others feel the same way.

Today, my camera locked immediately on switching it on - there is no pattern to the fault.
      Rather than vent your frustrations on here why don't you simply send the camera to Olympus for repair?

One thing you can be certain of is that it won't get fixed just complaining about it.
      Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post
        Rather than vent your frustrations on here why don't you simply send the camera to Olympus for repair?

One thing you can be certain of is that it won't get fixed just complaining about it.
        The answer to that is in the post you are replying to; perhaps you should read it.

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post

You are feeding trolls again. They can't send the camera to Olympus if it does not exist. Don't believe everyone or everything you read on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzrovian View Post
            The answer to that is in the post you are replying to; perhaps you should read it.
            I did read it and you say "in your opinion" its a firmware bug so its not worth sending it back for repair.

If you won't let Oly even try to fix it thats your call but don't waste everyones time on here complaining.

You could always switch to another make and complain on their forums which seems to be what you like doing.
            Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricoh View Post
              so easy to implement a watch-dog timer.
              True. Do you think the software is trying to do synchronous writes? I can't understand it.

Comment

I can't see any purpose in continuing this thread and it's just generating bad feeling so I'm closing it.

Ian
                Founder and editor of:
                Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
                Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
                Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
                Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
                NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X