See less

Confirmed: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Will Start Shipping in Early December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confirmed: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Will Start Shipping in Early December

Originally posted by damianmkv View Post
    I see that Jessops are offering 470 trade-in for the mk1( based on it being in excellent condition ) so that would bring the mk2 down to 1379...
    That's not what I was offered by Jessops in Manchester at the Olympus preview day on 8th November.

They looked up PX prices on some 3rd party web site and announced:
    350 for the E-M1 body, 323 for the 12-40 lens - notwithstanding both being in pristine condition and meeting all their own website criteria (original packaging etc.).
    Then, to add insult to injury, a 2nd member of staff appeared and tried to chisel the offer price down by claiming the LCD was scratched (utter B*S* - since it had a screen protector fitted which has been on since new).

All this reinforced my long-held opinions about Jessops - so I'll stick with my usual camera supplier!
    Chris

Comment

I thought it sounded high - it's more than I paid for mine 18 months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      D500 / 35 f1.8 / 50 f1.8 /16-80 / 70-300
      e-m10 mk2 + P12-32 and PL 25 f1.4

Comment

Originally posted by Graham from Wirral View Post
        In the latest edition of Outdoor Photography, in its Photokina Camera Round-up, it's showing a guide price of 849 for the mk2 . . . I wish!!
        Hi Graham yes indeed I noticed that yesterday after it came through the letterbox " bargain "
        Kind regards mike
        http://www.wingsofnature.org

Comment

Originally posted by Gwyver View Post
          That's not what I was offered by Jessops in Manchester at the Olympus preview day on 8th November.

They looked up PX prices on some 3rd party web site and announced:
          350 for the E-M1 body, 323 for the 12-40 lens - notwithstanding both being in pristine condition and meeting all their own website criteria (original packaging etc.).
          Then, to add insult to injury, a 2nd member of staff appeared and tried to chisel the offer price down by claiming the LCD was scratched (utter B*S* - since it had a screen protector fitted which has been on since new).

All this reinforced my long-held opinions about Jessops - so I'll stick with my usual camera supplier!
          Jessops as far as I am aware do not sell used camera gear so I assume their not earning much but are passing this price on. I was offered 350 from well known site. In excellent condition. The problem is that on a trade in the store is earning quite a margin.
          Kind regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mdb2 View Post
            Jessops as far as I am aware do not sell used camera gear so I assume their not earning much but are passing this price on.
            Jessops have been running a p/x scheme for a while now...they sell their used items via Camera Jungle.

Comment

Originally posted by sdb123 View Post
              Jessops have been running a p/x scheme for a while now...they sell their used items via Camera Jungle.

Thanks sdb123, I did wonder where they landed up!
              Kind regards Mike

Comment

Working...
              X