The size of the E-P1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The size of the E-P1

So the E-P1 is touted as compact in size and less obstrusive to use. But without a 'proper' viewfinder, having to hold the camera at arms length will make the photographer more obvious that less obvious.
    True or not?
    Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Re: The size of the E-P1

Originally posted by benvendetta View Post
    So the E-P1 is touted as compact in size and less obstrusive to use. But without a 'proper' viewfinder, having to hold the camera at arms length will make the photographer more obvious that less obvious.
    True or not?
    I completely understand what you're saying, but paradoxically I believe this is not true. You won't stand out as a "serious" photographer, you'll just blend in with all the other tourists taking meaningless snaps! Just think, if only Oly could find a way to fit a MFT sensor into a mobile phone!
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

I'm very short sighted and when using a compact I simply peer over my glasses. I find the screen looks very sharp and clear when held about five inches from my eyes. It's almost like using a viewfinder!
        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Well at least I could wear my glasses all the time rather then when I just want to review my images!
          Zuiko, I see where you are coming from about blending in with the P & S brigade, but this would fall rather flat when using the E-P1 with one of the meatier ZD lenses!

Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Originally posted by benvendetta View Post
            Well at least I could wear my glasses all the time rather then when I just want to review my images!
            Zuiko, I see where you are coming from about blending in with the P & S brigade, but this would fall rather flat when using the E-P1 with one of the meatier ZD lenses!
            Hi Dave,

I guess Micro Four Thirds means all thing to all people - I handn't considered using the E-P1 with long lenses. To me, it's a camera for small primes and compact zooms of modest focal range. To be honest, I think a small camera like the E-P1 with, say, a 50-200mm attached would look so unusual that it would be bound to attract attention - probably more so than if it was attached to an E3!
            John

Comment

Working...
            X