e620

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e620

What's with olympus announcing another somewhere in between camera??

http://www.olympus.co.uk/corporate/1696_3135.htm

Re: e620

It's more like an improved E-420.
    * Henry
    * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

Horses for couarses

I think they cater for different markets and needs

I can imaging the next pro model moving away a bit more from the E30 and m4/3 replacing the 4xx with possibly a new 5xx based on the 6xx but no swivel screen - I think that would give a nice spread. All that would be missing then is a sensible priced weatherproof midrange body, a 6 series tough!

I do think the new 620 ticks a lot of boxes though and the overal chat and buzz on the web is very positive which is great

Dave

Comment

Looks good to me (as a 520 owner) and at the price point I think Oly have got their development spot on.

I'd see the plan as rolling up the earlier E4** and 5** into this product, maximising the features of both that have proven popular plus some from the E30. Moving towards Micro 4/3 for anything smaller. Working on a new flagship that will probably come in much more expensive than the E3, and which they have to get right (if it is to be a worthy flagship)

Makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Makonde View Post
          Looks good to me (as a 520 owner) and at the price point I think Oly have got their development spot on.

I'd see the plan as rolling up the earlier E4** and 5** into this product, maximising the features of both that have proven popular plus some from the E30. Moving towards Micro 4/3 for anything smaller. Working on a new flagship that will probably come in much more expensive than the E3, and which they have to get right (if it is to be a worthy flagship)

Makes sense to me.
          Me too

The use of the BLS suggests they may retain the 4xx fixed screen 10mp for some time and price really tight as entry level with an obvious upgrade path to 6xx.

The 30 and 3 sharing a lot of accessories as another pairing. Clear blue water yet to be created between the 30 and x...
          E, Pen and OM-D bodies
          43 m43 and legacy glass
          loads of flashes and accessories from all the systems

Comment

I was lucky enough to play with it at Focus on Tuesday and it has cherry-picked most of the best bits fom all the currently available Olympus dSLR bodies.
            I reckon that it is what many people have been looking for in a small dSLR.
            Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

I wish I had kept my E-1 Such a simple and well made camera and the 5mps was/is all that is needed, the rest is up to the guy behind the camera.

Just the rant of an "Olde" Man!!

Comment

Working...
              X