Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G2 or epl1

Evening all

For various reasons I never did take the plunge and buy into m4/3 last year but I really now want something decent with video capability now that my lovely granddaughter is nearly walking.

I very much like the G2 format and menus etc.. (I use a TZ10 as my walkabout and it already has video!) but I realise it only has lens IS whereas the Oly has in-body stabilisation. OTOH the G2 has an evf built in.

Does anyone have experience of just the basic oly non m4/3 kit lenses (14-42mk2, 40-150 mk2 and the 70-300) on the G2 or epl1? I've read conflicting reports here and elsewhere over the focus speed etc. so bearing in mind what I primarily want the camera for would they be any good, or would I really need m4/3 lens(es) - in which case I'll probably just have to stick to using the tz10 for video and that or my e600 for stills? I can't justify another new camera!!

Thanks in advance, as usual.
    Kevin

Re: G2 or epl1

Have a look through some of my earlier posts, where I sing the praises of the 14-54 Mk2 and the 40-150 Mk2 on the G2 and the E-P2.
    Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

I find all my lenses work perfectly well on my epl-1 and I have never had any issues with focusing speed, its nowhere as fast as on on my e-30 but as long as im not photographing sports then its fine
      E-M10 Mk2 - 14-42mm EZ - 40-150mm ED - Falcon 8mm Fisheye - FL-36R

Wedding Photography Wales | Commercial Photography | Party Photographer Cardiff | Cheap Business Cards | Photoshop Training Cardiff

Comment

Go for the Panasonic GH2 if you can get one.
        Gareth Lovering
        I have over 14,000 photos and videos on line at

http://www.facebook.com/Garethloveringphotography

http://www.flickr.com/photos/swansealocalboy/

http://www.youtube.com/user/garylovering/

Comment

Thanks to all so far.

Stephen - I had already studied your helpful and detailed posts, but also needed opinions on the 14-42 rather than the 14-54.
          Steven - Good news.
          Gareth - Only if my numbers come up tomorrow, I'm afraid!
          Kevin

Comment

Sorry, I had misread your post. Don't have a 14-42 to try.

Originally posted by baldyb View Post
            Stephen - I had already studied your helpful and detailed posts, but also needed opinions on the 14-42 rather than the 14-54.
            Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Well the 14-42 is standard for live view cameras so it should work just fine on m4/3. It's a lot bigger than the dedicated m4/3 version, but it is a better lens. (although the new m4/3 14-42 is out now...)

Comment

Working...
              X