Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Exposure bracketing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exposure bracketing

Tell me ... have any of the E system camers now got exposure bracketing of +/- 2 stops...for HDR capture?
    chris
    shetland

Re: Exposure bracketing

I know the E-1 does 5 stops at 1EV, so that's the same thing - I would imagine that the E-3 does the same. As far as I know none of them actually do a bracket sequence of three shots using +/-2EV.

Comment

Yep, the E-3 has this feature, and one can select from

3 frames @ 0.3EV
      3 frames @ 0.7EV
      3 frames @ 1.0EV
      5 frames @ 0.3EV
      5 frames @ 0.7EV
      5 frames @ 1.0EV

I use a MyMode to select AEB, ISO200, 5fps whenever I want to take a 5 shot bracketed set. Several results of this on my gallery.
      John

Comment

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/e3-sett.html#MYMO

Regards. Barr1e
        Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

The E410 and E510 only do 3 exposures at + / - 0.3, 0.7 or 1 stop and I believe the E420 / E520 are the same.

Comment

It would be nice to be able to set the E-3 to do 7 bracketted exposures, as 5 do not span sufficient range to do a church interior in natural light (at 1 ev intervals). Anything less than seven tends to leave pronounced grain effects in the shadows.

Nick
            Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
            www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

The G-1 will auto bracket up to 7 shots in either 2/3 or 1/3 stop increments. The 2/3 goes from -2 to + 2. You have some control of the order (0/+/- or -/0/+). Five and three step bracketing is also available in both 1/3 and 2/3 stop increments.

Steve

Comment

Well 7 shots is an improvement - but in a natural lit English church using matrix metering I tend to need -5 to + 1, on a very bright day even that is insufficient (as the shadows stay dark but the windows get brighter).

OK - a particular application - but not an untypical/unreasonable use of hdr and bracketting.

Nick
                Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
                www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X