Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you like to see from Olympus next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you like to see from Olympus next?

I would like to see UK customers getting a turn round time for repairs and serving that customers in the US are reporting that they get from Oly US. Typically 3 to 4 days.
    This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by benvendetta View Post
      Why the heck are prices going up in these uncertain economic times? Do companies actually what us to buy their products???? Prices should be coming down!
      Pound has slid versus the yen. A year ago was "as low as 205.72, its lowest since May 2006" (Reuter, late Jan 2008)
      Now? - 136....

With a fall of the order of 35% it's not surprising that prices here are going up by.... a mere 15-25% !

Comment

Why the heck are prices going up in these uncertain economic times? Do companies actually what us to buy their products???? Prices should be coming down!
        The reason is simple the pound has plunged against other currencies. The manufacturers are charging the same amount or less in yen, euros, dollars or whatever it's just that the pound is worth about 25% less than it used to be. It's not just photographic companies I was talking to someone with a clothing import business and he is experiencing price rises of up to 75%.

Ian C.

Comment

But with people cutting back on 'luxuries' the photographic market will undoubtedly suffer. But at least it won't just be Olympus............!
          Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

But with people cutting back on 'luxuries' the photographic market will undoubtedly suffer. But at least it won't just be Olympus............!

Comment

Originally posted by ianc View Post
              It sounds like you want an E3.
              For features I suppose yes, but for size no - I'd prefer something a bit smaller. I don't really need a "splashproof" camera either, because none of my lenses are splashproof.

Originally posted by Makonde View Post
              Pound has slid versus the yen. A year ago was "as low as 205.72, its lowest since May 2006" (Reuter, late Jan 2008)
              Now? - 136....

With a fall of the order of 35% it's not surprising that prices here are going up by.... a mere 15-25% !
              Some will be doing their best to try to absorb differences in exchange rates, but eventually it won't be helped by the suppliers importing first to Europe and then converting prices from Euros into Sterling.
              - my pictures -

Comment

Regards Paul.
                One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_S View Post
                  ....want any of the bribery offers (to get rid of stock) so I'm not sure and may take the risk and wait to see if i can pick up a bargain E-3 body offer after the E-4 is released......
                  I will wait..I want to be bribed and I want a bargain E-30..not the current over priced unit.
                  * Henry
                  * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

bet it is an E-5.... the 4 will have gone the way of the 2
                    chris
                    shetland

Comment

Working...
                    X