Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

What's in your camera bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in your camera bag?

What do you carry in your bag?

I have four levels:

1) Minimum level no bag E-P1 + 17mm (or PZ14-42) in jacket pocket. Spare battery and lens cloth in inside pocket. Weight 500g.

2) No bag E5, 12-60. Spare battery and lens cloth in inside pocket. Weight 1.5kg

3) Small Lowepro bag. E-P2, 12-50, 40-150 plus M4/3 adaptor. Lens hoods, spare battery and SD card. Lens cloth. Weight 1.5kg

4) Large Lowepro bag. E-5, 12-60, 50-200, EC14, 35macro, lens hoods, circular polarisers, lens cloth, spare battery. Weight 5kg + Slik tripod in the car boot.

When I take (4) I usually have (1) as well, in case I need some quick shot without time to unpack the big bag
    Peter J

OM-D E-M1 OMD-E-M5ii Various Olympus lenses

Re: What's in your camera bag?

My small, easy-grab, camera bag, which is a Millican Stephen http://www.homeofmillican.com/bags/s...aist-pack.html, has my E-M5 with first-part grip, 60mm macro, 75mm, 45mm, 9-18, and 25mm Panasonic lenses. Plus a couple of spare batteries, several memory cards, dog-poo bags, and space for a water bottle (small) and my Samsung Galaxy 7" tab. All-in weight is just under 4 Kg.
    Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

I have a Think Tank Digital Holster 30. In it is my E-30 with an EC-14 and 50-200 SWD attached. The zipped pouch under the top flap contains two spare batteries and in the side pocket are a blower brush, a lens cloth and a spare CF card. That is all I ever carry. It still makes my shoulder ache.

Ron

Comment

I have two bags in use.

One bag is part camera bag part rucksack, for when I go walking. E-3 or E-5 with 12-60 attached, 9-18, spare battery, extra memory card & cleaning cloth. Sometimes 50-200.

The other bag is a lowepro Vertex that has in it E-5 & HLD4 attached to 90-250, E-3 & HLD4, 35-100, 12-60, EC14, 4 spare batteries, memory cards, Rapid R strap Manfrotto monopod & cleaning cloths. That is what I take with me to a race meeting or rally.

Yes it's heavy, gets better when the 90-250 is removed.
        Derek

www.dncphotography.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
          My small, easy-grab, camera bag, which is a Millican Stephen http://www.homeofmillican.com/bags/s...aist-pack.html, has my E-M5 with first-part grip, 60mm macro, 75mm, 45mm, 9-18, and 25mm Panasonic lenses. Plus a couple of spare batteries, several memory cards, dog-poo bags, and space for a water bottle (small) and my Samsung Galaxy 7" tab. All-in weight is just under 4 Kg.
          Amazing how it adds up! If I substitute the 40-150 for the 50-200, my E5 outfit would be the same weight as this. And there was I thinking about getting rid of the 4/3 gear and getting an E-M5 to save weight..
          Peter J

Comment

Which bag? I've got 3 shoulder bags, 4 backpacks and 2. Pelican cases. All but the small Pelican date back to my decades shooting film. The oldest is from 1980 or '81.
            It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Originally posted by Pjphoto59 View Post
              Amazing how it adds up! If I substitute the 40-150 for the 50-200, my E5 outfit would be the same weight as this. And there was I thinking about getting rid of the 4/3 gear and getting an E-M5 to save weight..
              Ah, but I bet you couldn't get a body, plus grip and 5 lenses, in a bag the same size as a gas-mask case!
              Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

This is my favourite combo, 14-54, 40-150 and the essential E-M5 with half grip. All in a small National Geographic bag. Lovely :-)

Pete
                Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by snaarman View Post
                  This is my favourite combo, 14-54, 40-150 and the essential E-M5 with half grip. All in a small National Geographic bag. Lovely :-)

Pete
                  Pete,
                  Lovely indeed, very stylish kit.
                  My equivalent bag and kit is here:

I got the bag as a freebie at Focus in Imaging eight years ago.
                  You have shamed me into investigating bags, I fancy Billingham if I can find one the right size..
                  Peter J

Comment

Billingham bags are superb. I have a Hadley Small (I think) for when I want a slightly larger bag than the Millican, and a Packington for airline travel.
                    Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

I usually carry the Olympus E-System bag that I bought when I found that my Lowepro bag was too big to fly in the cabin. It always holds an E-5 with HLD-4, a 14-54 Mk 1, an 11-22, a 50-200 and EC-14 & EC20 tele-converters, 2 spare batteries and 2 x CF cards plus cleaning cloths, a fine brush, 67 & 72 circular polarizers and a cable release. I then fill the remaining space with whatever best suits what I think I will be photographing. One pocket is sized for either a 7-14 or an FL-36 flash, another suits the 8mm FE or a 90 OM macro and a third often holds the 50 ZD macro or a 135 OM. A Manfrotto 055 tripod straps on the outside when I feel I need an even heavier workout

Cheers,

JohnGG

Comment

Small padded shoulder bag, not a camera bag as such, but it does the job rather well. Inside is the following, with not much room for anything else:-

E-M5 with Panny 14-45mm

mZuiko 40-150mm

Spare battery

Spare memory card

Lens cloth and lens brush

That's my full kit; when I want to go light I just take an E-P2 with 17mm f2.8 in a Lowepro lens pouch with neck strap attached.
                        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

For me the general kit is my E510 plus 14-150 and EC14 with lens pen, battery and CP filter in a small Lowepro bag I got free with a Magazine subscription. For a bit more variety I'll add either the 11-22 or the 50 f2 which will also just fit in depending where I'm going.
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                            Billingham bags are superb. I have a Hadley Small (I think) for when I want a slightly larger bag than the Millican, and a Packington for airline travel.
                            Stephen,

The small bag replacement I think I need is to carry my lightweight kit:

E-P1 17mm VF1, E-P2 12-50 and VF2, 14-150, So I need 3 compartments plus a pocket or 2.

Small Hadley looks very nice but interior is only 7cm wide (front to back) OK for PENS, but you would need to take the VF off.

If your bag is a Small Hadley, it would seem to be too narrow for the EM5 which is 9cm high. Which way do you put the camera in, presuming it has a lens on?
                            Peter J

Comment

Basically I always have one 'grab' bag. This has always been a shoulder bag because I can access it far more easily than a rucksack type bag and I prefer them anyway.
                              I've tried Billingham but much prefer the Domke F2. (I'm now on my third)
                              In this at the moment
                              1 OM-D EM-5,
                              1 12-50mm lens,
                              1 Panasonic 45-200mm lens,
                              1 Zuiko 45mm lens.
                              1 EP-1.
                              3 ND grad filters, 1 circular polarising filter, 3 ND solid filters,
                              a filter holder and a 52mm adapter ring. All by Lee.
                              2x face flannels (for drying kit)
                              1 Sun compass
                              1 Sekonic lightmeter
                              1 Pixel wireless release.
                              1 First Aid kit containing Plasters, painkillers, Antiseptic hand cleaning gel.

I have other bags but after receiving a set of 'Stealth' outdoor photographers clothing
                              I decant kit into this if walking far.
                              Simples.

"Always shoot in RAW and avoid JPEGs"

William Shakespeare.

Comment

Working...
                              X