Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

1 Day Insurance Cover options????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Day Insurance Cover options????

Hi all,

Some advice on insurance needed please!

I am shooting a wedding for a friend and have visited the venue and the lighting is very poor. I reallu don't want to use flash for the ceremony and my E-3 just does not have the high ISO performance of a top end Canon or Nikon so I am borrowing a friend's EOS 5d MkII and a few lenses for the day.

Obviously he wants me to insure it for the event which I am happy to do but cannot find any insurer who will offer a 1 day rate (or even 1 week). My current home contents insurer (Amex) won't insure it as it doesn't belong to me, so I am a bit stuffed here!

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Many thanks, Rafe

Re: 1 Day Insurance Cover options????

Give him a tenner for it then its yours; insure it; sell it back for twenty! (after all it has been used by an Olympus owner).
    Ed

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?

Comment

Ask your Friend if he has insurance cover, if so they will probably add you as a user for the day for a modest premium (if he asks). Then just pay him back the premium.

Nick
      Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
      www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

The quesstion I ask - is why you don't want to use flash? The lighting you say is poor,so you may find that any photos will be flat and lack contrast. It will be the first time i have heard this unless you intend to spend some time post processing.
        Benedict
        ---------

People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Benedict View Post
          The quesstion I ask - is why you don't want to use flash? The lighting you say is poor,so you may find that any photos will be flat and lack contrast. It will be the first time i have heard this unless you intend to spend some time post processing.
          I think any photographer will agree that natural light is preferable to flash in these circumstances, and yes I expect to spend some time post processing some of the shots.

Anyway that wasn't the question I was asking but thanks anyway.

Comment

I think both suggested options are viable, so thanks.

I was too honest with my insurer when I first called but will tell them I have just upgraded my kit next time!

Comment

Working...
            X