Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Very bad shutter delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very bad shutter delay

Thanks for all the replies. It is comforting to know that I am not the only 'idiot' out there.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Olybirder View Post
      Thanks for all the replies. It is comforting to know that I am not the only 'idiot' out there.

Ron
      Careful how you say that, we might be sensitive idiots.

Ross
      I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
      Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
      Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
      Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
      Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by pepper View Post
        Thanks David and Graham, that sounds like a good idea to put into practice in my workflow, I've done silly things like leaving my camera in high ISO settings and then picked it up next time and haven't got the shots I wanted due to it all being set wrong. If I implement that idea I may have less issues in the future...
        TBH, 98% of the time my cameras are always setup the same, RAW, 100ISO and aperture priority.

I so rarely change settings it may be easier for me to remember to change them back.
        It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

This has reminded me I have left my E 510 in remote trigger mode, what's the betting I forget before it's next used (it plays second fiddle to an E 1).
          Mike
          "Photography is about the ability to see and capture a moment in time. At some point in this process the photographer ends and the camera begins"

Comment

and another one to add to the list, when I wondered why my E510 was struggling so much to focus in low light... I'd left the polarising filter on it!
            GX7, EP3, 9-18, 14-45, 45-150, 20 1.7, 25 1.4, 45 1.8, FL36 & various OM glass. flickr

Comment

Originally posted by timg View Post
              and another one to add to the list, when I wondered why my E510 was struggling so much to focus in low light... I'd left the polarising filter on it!
              and sometimes ... my E-5 cannot focus ... with the LENS CAP on
              [I].
              I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
              Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Working...
              X