Lexar 1000x 32 GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Lexar 1000x 32 GB

I use 2 Lexar 1000x 32 GB's in my EM1 Mk2. When I Import the pics into Lightroom on my iMac, I get an error message, 'The files appear to be unsupported or damaged".
    When I import them in LR on my MacBook, they import OK
    When I use another card, Sandisk 8Gb, they import in to Lightroom on the iMac with no trouble.

Anyone had issues with this?
    sigpicDave

Re: Lexar 1000x 32 GB

strange title - why do you think its a card issue ?

My 1st thought on reading the description is that your iMac does not support 32Gb SD cards

Regards
    Andy
    My Kit (OK I'm a hoarder...)
    4/3 E500, E510, E30 + 35macro, 50macro, 7-14, 11-22, 14-45 (x2), 14-54, 40-150 (both types), 50-200, 70-300, 50-500,
    m 4/3 EM1MkII + 60 macro, 12-100 Pro
    FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
    The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
    http://www.shenstone.me.uk
    http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
    https://vimeo.com/shenstone
    http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by shenstone View Post

My 1st thought on reading the description is that your iMac does not support 32Gb SD cards

Regards
      Andy
      Sorry, I should have said. I have imported from those cards before. Don't ask me what changed, if I knew, I could sort it.
      I have spoken to Apple about it and suspect that the Mac may need a service of some kind. But it is not that old, a couple of years at most.
      sigpicDave

Comment

If you've got the images off the cards I'd suggest you re-format them in camera to try and remove any errors on the card, then try again.

Other than that no eye deer I'm afraid!

I had similar with one of my cards and that was the fix I used, been good since!
        I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

Are you importing into lightroom directly from the card? If so, try copying onto the iMac hard drive first. Assuming you can copy them, then that suggets the card is being read correctly by the iMac.
          Can you then open the files (assuming they are jpegs not RAW) with Preview? If you can then the OS is happy with the files and problem looks like it is with lightroom itself.
          Try relaunching LR or even rebooting the iMac. I find Adobe software is crappy stuff are often screws itself up for no reason.

Comment

I cannot import to the desktop on the mac, yet can on the macbook. I reckon it is the mac.

Originally posted by Mark_R2 View Post
            Are you importing into lightroom directly from the card? If so, try copying onto the iMac hard drive first. Assuming you can copy them, then that suggets the card is being read correctly by the iMac.
            Can you then open the files (assuming they are jpegs not RAW) with Preview? If you can then the OS is happy with the files and problem looks like it is with lightroom itself.
            Try relaunching LR or even rebooting the iMac. I find Adobe software is crappy stuff are often screws itself up for no reason.
            sigpicDave

Comment

Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by shenstone View Post

Regards
                Andy
                It has done in the past Andy.
                sigpicDave

Comment

Originally posted by sapper View Post
                  I cannot import to the desktop on the mac, yet can on the macbook. I reckon it is the mac.
                  Not sure what you mean here, I think what was suggested was to copy them from the card to a folder on the desktop and then import those images, from the desktop folder, into the program. This way any issues should be obvious when performing that initial copy from the card to the desktop, all done in the Finder app.

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
                    Not sure what you mean here, I think what was suggested was to copy them from the card to a folder on the desktop and then import those images, from the desktop folder, into the program. This way any issues should be obvious when performing that initial copy from the card to the desktop, all done in the Finder app.
                    Issues are not obvious Tim. If they were, I wouldn't be asking on here:-)
                    I do suspect that it is a compatibility problem between the card and the iMac. Other cards import without any trouble.
                    I have asked Lexar for advice, next stop, Apple forum.
                    sigpicDave

Comment

Dave,

Do you have anything to use as a contact cleaner?

Gently clean the gold contacts on the card to ensure its clean, then insert and remove the card a few times from the mac, inspecting each time to see if any crud is coming from the sd socket on the mac...

if it is, keep cleaning the card and inserting and removing the card till its clean.

Gold contacts are supposedly self cleaning as a little bit of gold transfers between the two sliding contacts which is supposed to remove any dirt in the process...

Also have you tried a card reader plugged into the USB socket?
                      I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

Thanks Walti, I used a card reader and it worked.
                        Trouble is, not many USB ports on my machine and multiple portable ports don't always work. I got a reply from Lexar that did not work, so cannot use that card, will have to go back to them.

Originally posted by Walti_too View Post
                        Dave,

Do you have anything to use as a contact cleaner?

Gently clean the gold contacts on the card to ensure its clean, then insert and remove the card a few times from the mac, inspecting each time to see if any crud is coming from the sd socket on the mac...

if it is, keep cleaning the card and inserting and removing the card till its clean.

Gold contacts are supposedly self cleaning as a little bit of gold transfers between the two sliding contacts which is supposed to remove any dirt in the process...

Also have you tried a card reader plugged into the USB socket?
                        sigpicDave

Comment

Working...
                        X