Lowepro 450 AW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowepro 450 AW

Does anyone have experience of any of this range of rucksacks please? In particular I'd be interested to know how much MFT kit it can take.
    David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Re: Lowepro 450 AW

Originally posted by Melaka View Post
    Does anyone have experience of any of this range of rucksacks please? In particular I'd be interested to know how much MFT kit it can take.
    I've got a 350 and it will take the following kit:

Body (EM-1ii) with or without grip fitted and 12-40 f2.8 fitted.
    300 f4 (with or without tripod foot - currently without)
    40-150 f2.8 (with or without tripod foot - currently without)
    60 f2.8 macro and 2 sets of extension tubes and lens hood
    Laowa 7.5 f2
    Flash
    Filter set in case
    2 teleconverters (1 usually fitted to the 300)
    A pile of odds and sods - chargers, cables, spare batteries, cleaning kits (lenses and sensor), and laptop (including charger) when needed.

It's full to bursting but I use it to transport the whole kit and caboodle around in, but use a day bag to carry the camera out and about, with the lenses and accessories I need on the day.
    I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

Originally posted by Melaka View Post
      I had a Lowepro shoulder bag for an E500. I was walking in the Cairngorms with it in rain. I thought 'No problem, I'll use the AW cover feature!'. When I got back to camp, the case had an inch of water in it. Fortunately I'd put my wallet at the bottom and the camera was held above the water.

The cover only fits round the front and sides, leaving the back unprotected. The back rest against a waterproof jacket, such that the water runs down the jacket and soaks into the case. The AW feature is useless!

Jim

Comment

According to Wex the 450AW is 21L capacity.

I have a Lowepro Flipside Sport 20L (+ the 10 & 15L versions) which is of very similar dimensions, in which I fit my EM1 Mk 2 with 300mm f4 & MC20, EM5 Mk 2 with grip and 40 - 150mm f2.8 with MC14, 60mm macro and/or 12-40mm f2.8, small dry bag with blower, cloths, spare batts, etc., 10 x 40mm bins, 8" tablet in back flap pocket, tripod on one side, drink/snack/very light waterproof in pocket other side, leaving front pocket available for more stuff. The 300mm gets swopped for filters when doing landscapes.

It's a bit crammy when I've got all that inside, so I use Op-tech neoprene lens hats on the 300 & 40-150 to avoid getting their plastic hoods scratched.

Comment

Working...
        X