Mastering the Olympus Om-D E-M1 Mark II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Mastering the Olympus Om-D E-M1 Mark II

Book by Darrel Young, anyone recommend it?
    sigpicDave

Re: Mastering the Olympus Om-D E-M1 Mark II

Hi Dave
    I don't know about the book but won't it be out of date now we have the new firmware -just a thought .
    Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by GyRob View Post
      Hi Dave
      I don't know about the book but won't it be out of date now we have the new firmware -just a thought .
      Rob.
      Might be Rob, but as I have not done the update it won't matter for me.
      sigpicDave

Comment

Hi Dave

I have the same book for my MK1 it is by far the best book I could find at the time.

It went through evey menu in detail with graphical representations and for nearlly every setting gave a recommended setting based on his experience.
        I found it especially handy when it came to firmware updates as the book gave me a good point of reference when finding a setting I was unsure of. Agree with previous comment re updates not being in the book however the extra features added during mk1 hay-day were not complex imo and the menu didnt change much, so made little difference to me, obviously can’t compare to the MK2 as dont have one but if the format is the same should be very good. If you pm me your mobile number i will take some shots within the book to give you a flavour of the style and detail.

One section, which I found especially good was the live time, live bulb etc... very good explanation which actually made sense and allowed me to not second guess all the time.

On a different note I also bought one of his books on macro photography, which was also a good read and quite inspiring.
        Tim
        EM-1 MK1 - No website containing any of my photos until I'm good enough!

Comment

His book for the Mk1 is superb.... once you upgrade the camera firmware though it becomes less useful (naturally).

Steve
          Old divers never die, they just go down on old wrecks
          Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but bubbles
          My website

Comment

Working...
          X