Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

What USB Could Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What USB Could Do

https://www.dpreview.com/videos/2334..._dpr_nl_373_32

Harold
    The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Re: What USB Could Do

It might help if Olympus could manage something better than USB 2 on their brand new TG-6 tough waterproof camera.

Comment

I think I said some while ago that it is time that camera manufacturers realized that they were making computers with a built in dedicated imaging device and should look to the computer side of things a bit more - screen/evf resolution, menu system, customisation, and storage to name a few.
      Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
      Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
      Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
      Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
      Learn something new every day

Comment

I was very surprised to find my E-M1 mk ii i) had a USB-C port that ii) is only used for data transfer... USB-C can handle charging, video and even networking with ease!

Comment

Can we plug a USB-C SD reader into that port?
          * Henry
          * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

I use the USB-C port for downloading image files to my computer. A pet irritation is that, if I forget to switch-off after a transfer, there seems to be no auto-off and I end up with a flat battery. With a card reader, the power comes from the computer, so no problem.
            Mike
            visit my Natural History Photos website:
            http://www.botanicdesign.co.uk/Natur...story/home.htm

Comment

I have mixed feelings about any cable attached to the camera, there is too much opportunity for the cable to be knocked/caught up etc and the most fixed component (the computer) will not move, but the camera will get dragged onto the floor.

The tension / stress involved in updating the camera firmware is bad enough without the hazard of the camera being dragged onto the floor.
              This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by DerekW View Post
                I have mixed feelings about any cable attached to the camera, there is too much opportunity for the cable to be knocked/caught up etc and the most fixed component (the computer) will not move, but the camera will get dragged onto the floor.

The tension / stress involved in updating the camera firmware is bad enough without the hazard of the camera being dragged onto the floor.
                Yes! I tripped over mine and wrecked the port.

Harold
                The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

I started using a cable for downloading after I bent the pins for the CF card in my camera, when using a card reader. SD card contacts seem to be much more robust but my old ways persist
                  Mike
                  visit my Natural History Photos website:
                  http://www.botanicdesign.co.uk/Natur...story/home.htm

Comment

Working...
                  X