Drop in filter system for m4/3 rds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop in filter system for m4/3 rds

Just seen a post about a drop in filter system for m4/3 rds cameras - don't know if anyone is interested but thought I would share

http://igg.me/at/deoowl/x/10009166
    OMD E-M1, 12-40 f2.8 pro, 40-150 f2.8 pro, MC-14, MMF-3 & 70-300 f4-5.6

E-620, 12-40 , 40-150 f4-5.6,

https://www.flickr.com/photos/68406149@N08/

Re: Drop in filter system for m4/3 rds

Could be useful for 7-14 users I guess, if it works well.

Comment

Seen this earlier but wondered how the space for the filter would still allow focus would it have pass through electronic connection or act like a tube and only allow manual?
      Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

A very interesting idea. Almost seems too good to be true.

Solves a number of issues with filter use but like Ed I wonder about electrical connections and normal lens functionality. If those are solved then it would certainly appeal to me.

A question for those with better technical knowledge than me. Does the increased distance between the rear lens element and the sensor create problems?

Hec
        I've worked hard to be this grumpy. It hasn't been easy at times but it's worth it.

Comment

My reading of it is that it's only of use with legacy lenses, as a) it has no pass-through electronics capabilities and b) as Hec wonders, it changes the flange depth.

So, it's a legacy adaptor with a slot for filters. Wonder how it copes with ND grads?
          Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

I think it is an adapter and at the bottom of the page it has a list of 4:
            1. Canon EF mounting lens to Sony camera E mount

2. Nikon camera F mounting lens to Sony E mount

3. Canon camera E mounting lens to M43 mount

4. Nikon camera F mounting lens to M43 mount

Not even a mention of 4/3 to m4/3 or OM to m4/3
            Iain

E-M1, E-M1 II, E-M5 II, 7.5, 8-18, 12-40, 25, 40-150, 45, 60, 300

Website
            Flickr

Comment

This would appear to be a straightforward legacy lens adapter for manual focus lenses with a greater registration distance than MFT but with a slot for drop in filters.

My only concern is over where the best place in system of lenses is the best place to put a flat pane of glass without affecting optical quality when the system was not so designed, i.e. which end? I have an OM mount 500 mirror which takes an internal filter and it is designed to always have that filter, even if it a clear one.

Having said that I do tend to put a filter on the front of every lens but I do know it will impact quality slightly (I think my pictures can stand it).

Obviously it has an advantage if you are using one of the premium legacy lenses with a front element too big for a filter.
              Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
              Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
              Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
              Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
              Learn something new every day

Comment

I suggested something along this line a year or so ago on here. Having a few lenses with no filter thread or that can't take filters. If Olympus won't give us a base ISO of 12 you need rear mounting filters.
                It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Working...
                X