Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Wirelss triggering - a quandary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wirelss triggering - a quandary

John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery

Re: Wirelss triggering - a quandary

Rent a FL50r from Ian's Renta n Oly to see if it is does what you want.
    This space for rent

Comment

http://www.phottix.co.uk/ - they are pretty new to the UK, imported and distributed by a company in Maidenhead. Mine came through the local branch of London Camera Exchange.

Ciao ... John

Comment

My Published Book: http://www.blurb.com/my/book/detail/2771168

Comment

If you settle for standard non-TTL triggers, getting the exposure correct manually isn't nearly as difficult or time-consuming as you think it might be.... it's not something I do every day, but am still normally within a stop of getting right at first attempt.

Comment

I use a generic set, made primerily for canons,
            [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Channel-Wireless-Flashgun-Speedlight-receivers/dp/B002RD9GNA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1332000083&sr =1-1[/ame]
            Cheap as chips and can be fired through brickwork, no need for line of sight. I'm not certain but thinking the FL50r has an optical slave, and would'nt be up to this?
            E500 - E600 - E620 - HLD5 x2 - 17.5-45mm - 14-42mm - 14-45mm - Sigma 30mm f1.4 - 25mm f2.8 - 40-150mmMI (3.5) - Sirius 60-300mm f4-5.6 - Chinon 55mm f1.4 - Chinon 200mm f3.5 - FL50 - FL36 - Raynox DCR2020PRO

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photonutter/

Comment

Thanks all. That was very helpful.

I had a think about it and for the kind of use where I employ off-camera flash I pretty much have it on manual, so I think I'll go for 3rd party wireless.

I'd looked at Phottix and it got some pretty good reviews. I think I'll pull the trigger on a kit with a couple of receivers (I've got a cheap manual flash as well)

Thanks again
              John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

Flickr gallery

Comment

Well, the units have arrived (2 receivers and controller) and they're great. Thanks for the help all.
                John

Flickr gallery

Comment

Duncan

Lots of toys.

Comment

They look identical to the Phottix Aster, they must be the same bit of kit.
                    John

Flickr gallery

Comment

Working...
                    X