Screen protector for E-30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen protector for E-30

I've got a stick-on screen protector on my E-400 and some spares, but they're too small for the screen of the E-30 and although Olympus kindly supplies a plastic cover it's opaque, so I don't really want to use it - and I don't want to fasten it on only to find I can't take it off again if it doesn't do the job I want it to do.

Does anybody know where I can get a clear stick-on one to fit the rear screen of the E-30 - that isn't too expensive?
    - my pictures -

Re: Screen protector for E-30

Ellie, there are loads of cheap ones on ebay!

Comment

These have been recomended to me, I recently bought the E520 one for my E30 although I haven't fitted it yet ( the Olympus specs state 2.7" monitor for both cameras). They actually ship from within the UK.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...olympus?page=1

Comment

I have used www.anyscreenprotector.com. Do not use the size stated for your camera as it will only cover the visible area of the screen and not the full screen including the black surround. It is better to measure your screen and use the custom option as you can then order any size you want. Make sure you make the protector slightly smaller than the screen. Quality is ok but I would not say they are invisible. Any air bubbles tend to disappear after a few days but the quality of the screen is slightly reduced.

Regards
        Ian.

Comment

Have used the following company www.protectionfilms24.com not the cheapest but very good quality. Based in Germany, but quick delivery 2 to 3 working days. Got a protector for my wifes Panasonic compact you really cant tell that a screen protector is in place, and extremly easy to fit with no bubbles. E30 advertised at
          http://www.protectionfilms24.com/sea...30&submit=Find
          Paul

Comment

Do you find you really need protectors on the Plexiglass screen?I am not over careful with my cameras and have never scratched any of my screens.
            The only thing I seem to get is nose grease on the screen(yuk).Be great if the E5 was shaped a bit more like the E1 ie more "L" shaped than "T" shaped ie with the lens a bit more of to the side.
            All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Comment

[QUOTE=andym;57385]Do you find you really need protectors on the Plexiglass screen?I am not over careful with my cameras and have never scratched any of my screens.

I hope your not tempting fate by saying that Andy!

Comment

I have scratched a screen on one of my E500's this was done an a zip from a fleece with the camera on the strap around my kneck. I found mine on ebay and the 2.7" ones if applied carefully fit the E30. Better to be safe than sorry.
                Barrie Norman

http://bwpn.zenfolio.com/

http://naturalhistorycambs.blogspot.com/

Digital Equipment: Olympus E1 - E30 - E-500 | EC-14 & EC-20 Teleconverter | Zukio 14-45mm, 40-150mm, 150mm F/2, 50-200mm SWD, 70-300mm | Sigma 10-20mm F/4-5.6 SLD, 18-50 f/2.8 EX DC MACRO, 150 F2.8 Macro & 50-500mm (Bigma) |Tamron 135mm f/2.5 Macro 200mm f/3.5 | Optecka 800mm f/8 Prime | Wallimax 500mm F/6.3 Mirror Lens | Metz Mecablitz 36 AF-4 O Digital Flash | Manfrotto 055XB Tripod, Opticron Carbon Fibre "Traveller" Tripod, Sidewinder Gimbal Head, Manfratto 676B monopod, Manfrotto 322RC2 Head Lowpro Nature Trekker AWII, Lowpro Vertex 100 AW and Lowpro Toploader Pro 75 AW.

Comment

Originally posted by Barrie Norman View Post
                  I have scratched a screen on one of my E500's this was done an a zip from a fleece with the camera on the strap around my kneck. I found mine on ebay and the 2.7" ones if applied carefully fit the E30. Better to be safe than sorry.
                  That's what I'm worried about doing.

So thanks everybody for the ideas

Somebody in the family has also suggested getting one for a gameboy advance and cutting it down.
                  - my pictures -

Comment

Originally posted by Westy View Post
                    Have used the following company www.protectionfilms24.com not the cheapest but very good quality. Based in Germany, but quick delivery 2 to 3 working days.
                    I have just bought a Vikuiti DQC-160 from them for my E-520. Ordered it on Friday, it arrived this morning.

I loved the acknowledgement:-

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for your order. We are grateful for the trust you have placed in us. We will process and ship the following order as quickly as possible:
                    I don't know whether it is my imagination but is seems to enhance the clarity of the Liveview display.
                    David

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X