Travel tripod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel tripod

I am off to Rome and only taking a small bag, no hold luggage, so need a good tripod that fits in the cabin allowance case, 55cm long. I am looking at the
    Giottos Vitruvian VGN 8255.
    Anyone used one of these or can reccomend another?
    sigpicDave

Re: Travel tripod

Or even the Giottos Vitruvian VGRN9225 Aluminium Tripod with MH5310-630 Ball Head?
    sigpicDave

Comment

I use a Velbon travel tripod and I find it very good. It folds back on itself so it is around a foot long but it is also quite sturdy. I think mine is the UT53D but I can always double check for you if you are interested?

Comment

Yes please Anne.
        sigpicDave

Comment

I have a Sirui T 5 which is a superb travel tripod:

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sirui-T-005-Travel-Tripod-Red/dp/B0051TVPZE/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1430648994&s r=1-15&keywords=sirui"]Sirui T-005 Travel Tripod Red: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/311x2c4VykL.@@AMEPARAM@@311x2c4VykL[/ame]

light, strong, very well made and folds back on itself to make it compact for transporting.
          Paul
          E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
          flickr
          Portfolio Site
          Instagram

Comment

Thanks Paul.
            sigpicDave

Comment

Hi Dave, just checked and that is the correct model number. If I can post an image in the thread it will give you an idea of the size compared to the EM-1. I can fit it inside all my rucksacks quite easily.

[/url]

Comment

You can't put a different head on this, it is fixed. I also don't extend the central column as I think it would be less sturdy. The legs also twist open so you can open/close in one movement or just open the individual sections.

I was a bit skeptical at first but now I think it is great as it is fairly light but so small to carry around/pack. I wouldn't use it with the 50-200 but I think I've used it with most of my other lenses.

Comment

Thank you Anne.
                  sigpicDave

Comment

I have the same tripod with the QHD-53D head and I have swapped the plate for a cheap arca swiss compatible clamp, the bolt was glued in, but a bit of brute force sorted that out! You can then bolt up through the ball into a new clamp, the bolt I had available could do with being 5mm longer to engage all the thread in the base of the clamp, but it works fine for now.
                    Iain

E-M1, E-M1 II, E-M5 II, 7.5, 8-18, 12-40, 25, 40-150, 45, 60, 300

Website
                    Flickr

Comment

Is that for the Giottos or the Velbon Ian?
                      sigpicDave

Comment

Sorry, it was Anne's Velbon I was referring to
                        Iain

Website
                        Flickr

Comment

Thanks Ian.
                          sigpicDave

Comment

Here is a shot of mine with the Arca style clamp and plate, sorry about the quality I was in a rush and left IS on!
                            Iain

Website
                            Flickr

Comment

I got one of these
                              [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coman-TM227AU0-Aluminum-Ballhead-Carrying/dp/B00TFJS0X6"]Coman TM227AU0 Aluminum Ballhead Tripod and Carrying: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31o5J59HsxL.@@AMEPARAM@@31o5J59HsxL[/ame]
                              at the NEC Photo Show. I've not used it much yet but it seems pretty neat and was good value.
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Working...
                              X