Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Travel tripod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Travel tripod

I've bought a Redged tripod. Very light and compact. Doesn't go up too high but that is the compromise. i fit it inside a rucksac.
    http://www.ffordes.com/product/13082109582681
    Duncan

Lots of toys.

Comment

I went for this one, Giottos Vitruvian VGRN9225 Aluminium Tripod with MH5310-630 Ball Head. I couldn't find the Giottos Vitruvian VGN 8255 from any UK dealer, but the 9225 aluminium one is lighter than the carbon fibre one.
      sigpicDave

Comment

Jim
        www.jim-mccabe.co.uk
        http://www.jimmccabephotography.blogspot.com
        (My Travels in Aus & NZ)

Comment

I have two other tripods Jim, this one is just for travel, that will fit in my cabin luggage.
          sigpicDave

Comment

I have the Hahnel Triad C4 Compact Travel Tripod with 360 Degree Ball Head and really rate it. I think there is an updated version but the C4 is still listed for sale.

Comment

Looks pretty good Dave. As far as I can see it's very similar to the one I got but cheaper lighter and from a very recognised make. Just shows that buying at the Photo Show isn't always the best buy. Well done.
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by Anne View Post
                Hi Dave, just checked and that is the correct model number. If I can post an image in the thread it will give you an idea of the size compared to the EM-1. I can fit it inside all my rucksacks quite easily.
                Hey Anne, you have the same tripod that I have. But I got mine with the Victory head. (manfrotto copycat).
                * Henry
                * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

Originally posted by blu-by-u View Post
                  Hey Anne, you have the same tripod that I have. But I got mine with the Victory head. (manfrotto copycat).
                  May be it would have been good to have a choice but that's the way the camera shop here sold it and I have got used to the standard? head

For the same reason as Dave, I needed something that would fit in my hand luggage when I couldn't take my full size tripod and it has been brilliant. Absolutely great for long exposures in London when I don't want to lug a big tripod around....or family type holidays where photography is not the focus.

Phil D...I thought yours looked pretty good to me!

Comment

I found the Velbon Ultra Maxi M Tripod very good; 33.5cm folded, 0.92 kg, but importantly 135cm extended so you don't have to bend in half to use it. It has a pan and tilt head with a quick release plate, the centre column does reverse for low angle shots, but I can not reacall if the head is interchangeable and don't have it with me to check.

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Velbon-Ultra-Maxi-M-Tripod/dp/B000WMGPFA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1430818411&sr =1-1&keywords=Velbon+Ultra+Maxi+M+Tripod"]Velbon Ultra Maxi M Tripod: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41aJUghdAqL.@@AMEPARAM@@41aJUghdAqL[/ame]
                    Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                    Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                    Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                    Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                    Learn something new every day

Comment

My blue (Exclusive Limited edition to SRS) Giottos Vitruvian VGRN9225 arrived today. I just stood in wonder and awe as it stood in my sitting room.
                      sigpicDave

Comment

Originally posted by sapper View Post
                        My blue (Exclusive Limited edition to SRS) Giottos Vitruvian VGRN9225 arrived today. I just stood in wonder and awe as it stood in my sitting room.
                        I admit to being impressed with the blue chick in Avatar, but a tripod...
                        Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

I know Graham it's sad isn't it.
                          sigpicDave

Comment

Originally posted by sapper View Post
                            I went for this one, Giottos Vitruvian VGRN9225 Aluminium Tripod with MH5310-630 Ball Head. I couldn't find the Giottos Vitruvian VGN 8255 from any UK dealer, but the 9225 aluminium one is lighter than the carbon fibre one.
                            4 months on - are you still happy with this tripod Dave?
                            Brian

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12569882@N05/

Comment

Yep, although I only used it on my Rome trip, a couple of times.
                              sigpicDave

Comment

I own a 23 year old Benbo Trekker and it was and still is the best photo accessory that I ever bought. It has been to a lot of places and still looks and works like a charm.

Comment

Working...
                                X