Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES

See more
See less

Anybody with a ThinkTank Retrospective bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody with a ThinkTank Retrospective bag?

If so, what do you think of it? Does your gear fit? Do you wish you bought a smaller or larger size? What about the looks and how secure do you feel your gear is in the bag?

Thanks

full printed OM-D manual from OTC Cameras and several small spares like flash diffuser, rainguard, cleaning kit, SD-card folder etc.

Comment

Re: Anybody with a ThinkTank Retrospective bag?

Thanks Loup. Do you have a link to the bag you bought?

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Light-big-..._qi=RTM1084479

Same seller that I used. Very reliable. The bag shown is "Yellow" - sand coloured really. I got the green one which may be out of stock now but he says more to arrive soon.

Comment

I use a Retrospective 5 and find it very reliable. Definitely built to last and has all the pockets in the right places - IMO - and just stiff enough protect the kit. I don't like bags to be too snug, so it's limited to one m4/3 body and a couple of other items. The feature I like are the velcro quieteners on the outer flap!

Plus you look like a different sort of fashion victim
          Colin
          "Don't blame me..."

Comment

Thanks Loup. Your bag looks like a good value alternative. I've added it to my list.

Thanks also to George. If I wanted to add a small water bottle, sun block, mobile phone, passport etc., I guess I'm looking at a Retrospective 10 or 20. Do you find the Velcro secure enough to stop things falling out if, for example, the bag falls off a bench?

Comment

David, the bags aren't large by any means, but the days of the F2 are now gone for me!

The velcro noise adjusters work by reducing the surface available to grip together. When not in use the grab on the outer flap is very firm; there aren't any worries about losing kit personally. A thief would probably find it awkward to pickpocket the bag without making noise when the velcro is in use, unlike clip fasteners.
              Colin
              "Don't blame me..."

Comment

Originally posted by George Dorn View Post
                David, the bags aren't large by any means, but the days of the F2 are now gone for me!

The velcro noise adjusters work by reducing the surface available to grip together. When not in use the grab on the outer flap is very firm; there aren't any worries about losing kit personally. A thief would probably find it awkward to pickpocket the bag without making noise when the velcro is in use, unlike clip fasteners.
                Thanks Colin. Sorry for calling you George. When I replied to the post I put in 'Colin' but when reviewing posts while in the middle of creating a post, all the sigs disappear and I could no longer see 'Colin'. I could see George Dorn and started thinking that I was going bananas so I changed your name to George...

Comment

Eris lives!
                  Colin
                  "Don't blame me..."

Comment

The ThinkTank Retrospective 5 will carry quite a lot of m43 kit if needed - body, grip, 2 zooms, a couple of primes, flashgun and odds and ends (not that I've got all that kit yet!)

I bought one at LCE in Bristol after looking at lots of cheaper alternatives and ruling them out for one reason or another. It's very sensibly designed.

It probably wouldn't take water bottles etc but I already have larger bags I could use if I wanted to do that.

HTH
                    Steve
                    My Flickr: https://flic.kr/ps/HRVVS

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something" - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Loup Garou View Post
                      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Light-big-..._qi=RTM1084479

Same seller that I used. Very reliable. The bag shown is "Yellow" - sand coloured really. I got the green one which may be out of stock now but he says more to arrive soon.
                      Ooh - he does do some nice bags ... NO! I've got ENOUGH bags ....
                      Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                        Ooh - he does do some nice bags ... NO! I've got ENOUGH bags ....
                        Obviously that's a man speaking. I've never come across a woman who says she's got enough bags (or shoes)!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelD View Post
                          Obviously that's a man speaking. I've never come across a woman who says she's got enough bags (or shoes)!
                          Have you SEEN my (already culled) bag collection??
                          Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by steverh View Post
                            The ThinkTank Retrospective 5 will carry quite a lot of m43 kit if needed - body, grip, 2 zooms, a couple of primes, flashgun and odds and ends (not that I've got all that kit yet!)
                            There are plenty of dividers supplied with the Retrospective 5 and it will carry quite some kit if carefully packed but I was suggesting that my preference is to hang loose, as it were.

Stephen - of course you can always use just one more bag
                            Colin
                            "Don't blame me..."

Comment

Originally posted by George Dorn View Post

Stephen - of course you can always use just one more bag
                              One wife is quite enough, thank you
                              Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Working...
                              X