Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

New Bag - Final Answer . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bag - Final Answer . . .

Hi All,

Looks like it's a Tamrac Adventure 9 for me...

I didn't want to hijack someone else's thread seeking help finding their perfect bag, and I think I may have posted my requirements in a bag on another thread, but I couldn't find it.

I narrowed my shortlist down to three:

Tamrac Adventure 9 (hot favourite) - http://www.tamrac.com/5549.htm

LowePro CompuRoverAW (rank outsider) - http://products.lowepro.com/product/...AW,1923,16.htm

Redsnapper CompuCam (late-comer) - http://www.redsnapperuk.com/camera-a..._Backpack.html

Critera:

1. Backpack. Didn't care if it could be a slingpack as well
    Learning All The Time.

HAVE: E-620 | HLD-5 | ED14-42 | ED40-150 | ED70-300
    CURIOUS ABOUT: Sigma 50-500 Or | EC-14 For 70-300
    DREAM OF: E-5 | HLD-4 | ED7-14| ED14-35 | ED35-100 | ED90-250 | EC-14 | EC-20

Comment

Re: New Bag - Final Answer . . .

Thanks for your reply Chris, and good question.

I guess it'll be more or less the same as I've been carrying in my Adventure 6 all day, every day for 3 months or so now - see below.

I should point out that I'm also buying some OpTech straps & adapters to allow comfy carrying/support of some of my gear on the front, so not everything will be in the backpack.

On straps suspended from backpack shoulder harness:
      E-620 + HLD-5 + 70-300.
      Binoculars.

See pics in this post:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showpost...6&postcount=34

In backpack camera compartment:
      14-42.
      40-150.
      Camcorder.

In top compartment:
      Grub, rain jacket (just cos the blurb says I can ).
      Batteries, memory cards, etc (haven't decided yet what the "etc" might be).
      Light windproof gloves.

In the side pockets:
      Drinks, maybe a tripod - I've been getting away without one so far, and given that I'll be using an IS body now, it's probably even less necessary.

In two pouches attached to the backpack shoulder harness:
      Phone.
      Keys.

I might carry a light fleece folded up & stashed in the laptop compartment.

The only items with any real weight above what I've been carrying up to now will be the HLD-5 + 70-300 on the E-620 suspended on my front, and consequently the 40-150 that I had been using on the E-410 will be in the backpack.

Thanks,

Mark
      Learning All The Time.

Comment

Just thought I would ask, as I have seen people humping huge bags full of heavy kit, and then bemoan the fact that they have used hardly any of the contents, and that their knees and backs feel the strain

Comment

I have the Adventure 9 and it's a very good backpack. The only thing is for purely photography I prefer my Slingshot 1 as it provides instant easy access to the camera gear where the Tamrac 9 has to be taken off to gain access.

Paul

Comment

want the Adventure 9, but the RS is hard to ignore.

Thanks,

Mark
            Learning All The Time.

Comment

That guy sent me a few pics of his RS pack, and it was enough to sway me - drinks could (just about) fit in the side mesh pockets.

So I hit the RS website to place my order, but there was no stock.

Fate was obviously telling me to stick with what I know, follow my gut, and go for the Tamrac.

So that's what I've done. Ordered it and my OpTech bits & pieces from Premier Ink & Photo yesterday.

Mark
              Learning All The Time.

Comment

It sounds like this is too late, but...
                did you see this?
                Iain

E-M1, E-M1 II, E-M5 II, 7.5, 8-18, 12-40, 25, 40-150, 45, 60, 300

Website
                Flickr

Comment

Learning All The Time.

Comment

I would advice that you get the Tarmac as well. I have been subjecting mine in all abuse of sorts and it still hangs on pretty confidently. I like how it could store 2 bodies without that much clutter inside. And space really matters on those times when you have to carry less.

I remember having to add a snap on carry bag when I went to the Silverstone race this year just to add more room for my stout.

Comment

Working...
                    X