Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Sensor Cleaning kit Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensor Cleaning kit Help

Chris

Re: Sensor Cleaning kit Help

Do you need one? I've never had to clean a sensor on any of my Olympus cameras.
    - my pictures -

Comment

Surely it can't be for an Olympus?
      Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
        Do you need one? I've never had to clean a sensor on any of my Olympus cameras.
        Originally posted by benvendetta View Post
        Surely it can't be for an Olympus?
        HaHA i was waiting for someone to ask that, Its for a Nikon D40
        Chris

Comment

Surely this should have read Censor... Cleaning kit Help

Regards
          Andy
          My Kit (OK I'm a hoarder...)
          4/3 E500, E510, E30 + 35macro, 50macro, 7-14, 11-22, 14-45 (x2), 14-54, 40-150 (both types), 50-200, 70-300, 50-500,
          m 4/3 EM1MkII + 60 macro, 12-100 Pro
          FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
          The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
          http://www.shenstone.me.uk
          http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
          https://vimeo.com/shenstone
          http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by shenstone View Post
            Surely this should have read Censor... Cleaning kit Help

Regards
            Andy
            lol True but i have a friend in need, Which i have already highlighted the benefits of my 520 to lol
            Chris

Comment

Sorry .. like others I can't really help

I would suggest posting in DP now if you've not done so already as it;s more generic in users

Regards
              Andy
              My Kit (OK I'm a hoarder...)
              4/3 E500, E510, E30 + 35macro, 50macro, 7-14, 11-22, 14-45 (x2), 14-54, 40-150 (both types), 50-200, 70-300, 50-500,
              m 4/3 EM1MkII + 60 macro, 12-100 Pro
              FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
              The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
              http://www.shenstone.me.uk
              http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
              https://vimeo.com/shenstone
              http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/

Comment

yeah i have tried TP but it was swamped with in minutes, thanks anyway though
                Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Crippledsandwich View Post
                  yeah i have tried TP but it was swamped with in minutes, thanks anyway though
                  If you're using TP the subject has almost certainly come up there before. rather than post a new thread, which just gets lost, try using the site search facility - it's bound to locate what you want.
                  John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                    If you're using TP the subject has almost certainly come up there before. rather than post a new thread, which just gets lost, try using the site search facility - it's bound to locate what you want.
                    i have managed to find a few things on there but its been the case of searching through other threads nothing direct. mentioning good products and so forth. On warehouse express there is over 8 pages of cleaning materials just for sensors so im abit lost to say the least. from what i have gathered though, a rocket blower is always the first step and then if that doesn't work use something wet like a swab or something sticky.
                    Chris

Comment

Sorry I can't be more helpful, I've been using Olympus DSLRs for over 4 years and I've never had a dust problem so I have no experience of sensor cleaning. In fact, until I recently bought a Pen (which doesn't have a mirror) I'd never even seen a sensor!
                      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                        Sorry I can't be more helpful, I've been using Olympus DSLRs for over 4 years and I've never had a dust problem so I have no experience of sensor cleaning. In fact, until I recently bought a Pen (which doesn't have a mirror) I'd never even seen a sensor!
                        lol I'm actually the same, though i have only had my olly for just over a year and a half. i have never had to clean the sensor and i have been in some dusty conditions as well. sometimes i take my olly for granted, but im always reminded by simple little features like the sensor shake, that other cameras just didn't have the vision to include.
                        Chris

Comment

When I was a Canon user I used a sensor-sized swab with the special cleaning fluid as supplied by Warehouse Express and the like. It's important to buy a swab sized for your friends particular sensor, not larger or smaller, and only use it once. I got through a lot!
                          Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Don't do this at home, I do not recomend this - but here is what I did to my E-520 and got away with it:

This is my polluted sensor after one year of continious shooting - taken with a F165 pinhole 'lens'. The small aperture really brings out the mess, which was enhancend in PP though. I've read lots of advise in different forums and all kind of sources in the net and it was twofold:

never ever do this yourself, you ruin your camera <=> just go ahead - its no problem at all!

I decided I go for the later then
                            Bought absolute 100% Isopropyl alcohol and good old Q'Tips and went on, with the use of a steromicroscope I might add. Here is what I ended up with:
                            I am not afraid of Tits

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                              When I was a Canon user I used a sensor-sized swab with the special cleaning fluid as supplied by Warehouse Express and the like. It's important to buy a swab sized for your friends particular sensor, not larger or smaller, and only use it once. I got through a lot!
                              thanks, I have just had a look and decided to give them a ring. They were very helpful. Glad I don't have to do this with my Olly, i'm not even sure how i can lock my mirror up lol
                              Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X