Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tamron Adaptall 2 Lens to Olympus OM 4/3 Lens Mount Adapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamron Adaptall 2 Lens to Olympus OM 4/3 Lens Mount Adapter?

Does anyone know where I can get one cheap? I've found one place online, and they want $27 plus S&H I'm sure that's a good price but I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get it cheaper.

For Christmas this past year I got a Tamron SP Tele Macro 55BB lens, and I'm realy wanting to be able to use it with my e420 (LOL Sad thing is that the lens is about the same weight as the camera body)

And yes, I know it's a manual film lens, but I read online about someone using it with an e3 (I think) and it working fine.

Thanks in advance

~Bryant

Re: Tamron Adaptall 2 Lens to Olympus OM 4/3 Lens Mount Adapter?

Originally posted by BigBCC View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get one cheap? I've found one place online, and they want $27 plus S&H I'm sure that's a good price but I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get it cheaper.

For Christmas this past year I got a Tamron SP Tele Macro 55BB lens, and I'm realy wanting to be able to use it with my e420 (LOL Sad thing is that the lens is about the same weight as the camera body)

And yes, I know it's a manual film lens, but I read online about someone using it with an e3 (I think) and it working fine.

Thanks in advance

~Bryant
    How good are you at mechanical microsurgery :-)
    The cheapest option is to get an Adaptall2 to Konica AR mount. You need to do some mech work on it, and provide a flat 1.5mm spacer - but (weirdly) the Konica AR mount is a close match for the 4/3 bayonet...

I did a page on the subject..

http://www.snaar.co.uk/lenses/

hope this helps..

Pete
    Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

Hmmmm I'll think about that one, I've done work on Plystation Portables before LOL But I know this is a completely differnt realm :P

But couldn't I just get the actual adapter for it to go to the 4/3 system? I'm just wanting to find that adapter, just cheaper. Here is where I found it http://www.dinodirect.com/Tamron-Ada.../AFFID-20.html

Comment

That looks like it might be OK. I went the Konica route because there were no direct adaptors two years ago. Looks like the market has woken up at last :-)
        Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

Pete's Konica fix works just fine - I have a couple of his ex-lenses and they work a treat!
          Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

LOL I hope so, because if I can get this and if it works then it'll save me money on having to buy a macro lense. It's so annoying not being able to take macro images because so many times I've had perfect opportunities but I didn't ave the lense for it.

I do have 2 film cameras with a macro lenses, but I hardly ever have them on me because I don't have the money for film, plus I don't have a darkroom and I prefer to do all the processing and such myself, so yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBCC View Post
              Hmmmm I'll think about that one, I've done work on Plystation Portables before LOL But I know this is a completely differnt realm :P

But couldn't I just get the actual adapter for it to go to the 4/3 system? I'm just wanting to find that adapter, just cheaper. Here is where I found it http://www.dinodirect.com/Tamron-Ada.../AFFID-20.html
              If you don't mind waiting about 10 days they can be bought off ebay from Hong Kong for less, like this one here http://tiny.cc/un0tr I have gotten a couple of adapters this way and they work fine.
              10% Off Any Zenfolio Subscription - ZR4-GXW-P2R.
              E-30+HLD-4 | E-510 | ZD14-42 | ZD14-54 MkII | ZD40-150 | ZD50-200 | ZD35 | OM 50/1.8 | FL-36R

Comment

Originally posted by iMac View Post
                If you don't mind waiting about 10 days they can be bought off ebay from Hong Kong for less, like this one here http://tiny.cc/un0tr I have gotten a couple of adapters this way and they work fine.
                With free shipping, that'll be great! Thank you so much, I tried ebay hunting but couldn't find them >.<

I'll have to wait about 2 weeks to order though, I've gotta earn some cash and get it put into my bank account then get it transferred over to my paypal, and I don't have a job ATM, so yeah... But thank you for finding that for me, I've gotten so much other stuff, like I got the shutter lock cable on a site for my e420, it's a generic one, but $5 USD beats I think it was $50 USD anyday.

Comment

Working...
                X