Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Events

Events Find out about and discuss events relating to the Olympus E-System.

Old 30th March 2010
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thruxton meetup this Friday 2nd April 2010

I know the weather is meant to be awful, but Thruxton race circuit are having a BTCC (British touring Car Championship) test day on Friday 2nd April.

There will be free access to the public areas, grandstand area, to photograph the cars.

Now I cannot guarantee that any cars will be driving.

I will be going down with three of my non Olympus camera user friends and my wife....no hate mail about associating with Canikons please

I know this is short notice, but I only got permission from the BARC yesterday.

Please let me know if you are interested in coming.
Old 30th March 2010
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Re: Thruxton meetup this Friday 2nd April 2010

I can't make it I'm afraid John, but what a great day this could be and a cracking photo opportunity too. Thanks for posting it.

Here's a link to Google Maps if anyone is wondering where the location is.

Old 30th March 2010

Liked 337 Times in 227 Posts

The c**p weather should make for some stunning images and I look forward to seeing them
No pressure of course!

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge
Old 30th March 2010

I know what you mean Dave. I am planned to meet up with a local pro to visit a derelict mansion house this evening, but we're making a final decision at 5:00 to see if the weather isn't piddling down. No point if it is.

Hope the weather is OK for those that go to this meet on Friday.

Old 30th March 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMusicMan View Post
I know what you mean Dave. I am planned to meet up with a local pro to visit a derelict mansion house this evening, but we're making a final decision at 5:00 to see if the weather isn't piddling down. No point if it is.

Hope the weather is OK for those that go to this meet on Friday.
That does sound interesting, especially if you get inside! I have images in my mind of tone-mapping, HDR stuff and UWA lenses blazing. I would have thought that these conditions could actually add to the interest so long as you could keep your gear reasonably dry.
If you don't go and plan such a thing in the future I wouldn't mind coming (if you didn't mind of course ).

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge
Old 30th March 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvendetta View Post
That does sound interesting, especially if you get inside! I have images in my mind of tone-mapping, HDR stuff and UWA lenses blazing. I would have thought that these conditions could actually add to the interest so long as you could keep your gear reasonably dry.
If you don't go and plan such a thing in the future I wouldn't mind coming (if you didn't mind of course ).
Of course I wouldn't mind, you'd be more than welcome. This one is a request though, and someone is picking me up (subject to the weather of course!!).

By the way... am I that predictable hehehehe

Old 30th March 2010

Can't wait to see the results and to hear where the place is, and the name of the pro who is taking you.

Old 30th March 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvendetta View Post
Can't wait to see the results and to hear where the place is, and the name of the pro who is taking you.
Well, not sure on the pics as yet... we'll see.

But it is the old derelict mansion house on Bulmore Rd, in the grounds of the Celtic Manor. Last time I visited I went with Heather, and we were approached by a grumpy, slightly nasty lady in a dark cardigan, who said she'd called the Celtic Manor to report us as we were on private property. She challenged me quite abruptly, and said she'd been looking in my car to see what was in there, had spotted a jacket with a hood, and assumed we were 'hoodies'. If only I knew then what I know now... I'd have given her a mouthful and challenged her as to who the hell she was too (after turning my iPhone video on!!)

The tog I am going with is from your way... Ann Lewis. She contacted me about the shots I took there before, and asked if I's take her there. Not met her in person, looking forward to meeting her though. We're both taking our kids too! Should be a good photo op if the weather holds out.

http://www.annlewisphotography.co.uk/

Hopefully pics later...

Old 31st March 2010

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts

John

Would have loved to have taken you up on this opportunity, but unfortunately I've been told I'm going to the mother-in-laws for the weekend.

What I do for a quite life!

Simon