Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-620/600

Olympus E-620/600 An Olympus 12.1MP mid-range compact DSLR, the E-620 and the feature-reduiced version, the E-600.

Old 19th March 2010

Liked 78 Times in 40 Posts
Bargain E620 body at Jessops.

I had a few minutes to spare yesterday and thought I'd look at the price for an E620 body as an upgrade for my E520 which I bought as a twin ED lens kit 14 months ago. Best price as usual on Ebay from the far East at 399. Then I read somewhere about Jessops sometimes having crazy offers. I gave my local branch a call and was informed that the E620 body was 'discontinued'. I pushed on this point and voila; there were discontinued
E620 bodies in stock at other branches. The price was 399 which is well under any UK price. So I went to my local branch in Stafford to order and pay for it for it. While I was there the assistant asked me if I wanted anything else. "How much is an Olympus HLD5 grip?" I asked. After a quick search the reply was "25 sir"
Despite the bite marks on the young lady's hand I've collected it today.
So for 424 I've got an E620 body and grip, UK stock and warranty.
Get on the phone because they have some bodies left. Thank you Jessops!
BTW I'm going to sell my E520 body with 1621 shutter activations, two batteries, 2GB CF memory, fitted screen protector and all original cables, charger, brand new neck-strap, aftermarket wrist strap, software and manual. If any one is interested before I put it on Ebay make me a sensible offer.
Thanks.

Last edited by paullus; 20th March 2010 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Poor mental arithmetic.
Old 19th March 2010
forester

Re: Bargain E620 body at Jessops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullus View Post
I had a few minutes to spare yesterday and thought I'd look at the price for an E620 body as an upgrade for my E520 which I bought as a twin ED lens kit 14 months ago. Best price as usual on Ebay from the far East at 399. Then I read somewhere about Jessops sometimes having crazy offers. I gave my local branch a call and was informed that the E620 body was 'discontinued'. I pushed on this point and voila; there were discontinued
E620 bodies in stock at other branches. The price was 399 which is well under any UK price. So I went to my local branch in Stafford to order and pay for it for it. While I was there the assistant asked me if I wanted anything else. "How much is an Olympus HLD5 grip?" I asked. After a quick search the reply was "25 sir"
Despite the bite marks on the young lady's hand I've collected it today.
So for 324 I've got an E620 body and grip, UK stock and warranty.
Get on the phone because they have some bodies left. Thank you Jessops!
BTW I'm going to sell my E520 body with 1621 shutter activations, two batteries, 2GB CF memory, fitted screen protector and all original cables, charger, brand new neck-strap, aftermarket wrist strap, software and manual. If any one is interested before I put it on Ebay make me a sensible offer.
Thanks.
The Olympus 620 is not being discontinued by Olympus, just Jessops
will not be stocking them, they did the same with the E-30 several lucky people me included had a bargain. SRS had the rest
Soon they will only have a few Nikon and Canon SLR's most shops not stocking the more expensive ones, it will soon become "Special Order" only from them.
I think even more Jessops shops will close, "The End is Nigh"
Old 19th March 2010
squirrelspants

Should that not be 424.00, or have I missed something here?

Last edited by squirrelspants; 20th March 2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 20th March 2010

Liked 78 Times in 40 Posts

I pushed the point when I was told they were 'discontinued' because Jessops were the only company saying this. Strangely though they are still selling the E620 with kit lenses. My point is that if I'd left it at that, the sales assistant wouldn't have gone any further. I had to ask them to search in other stores for stock and several were found. So there are still some E620 bodies classed as 'discontinued' on the Jessop's stock system but actually sitting in stores to be had.
A good point well made regarding the total cost, I've amended my post accordingly.
Thank you.

Last edited by paullus; 20th March 2010 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Added comment.