Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk

Accessory talk Those important extra system components.

Old 3rd February 2010
gno

Wrist strap E-1 without HLD

Hi All,

I'm looking for a wrist strap something like a Olympus AS-GS2 for my E-1, The info suggests that it is for use with the HLD attached, can it be attached without the power pack?
Anyone got any other suggestions for a wrist or hand only strap, as I don't always want to use the neck strap.

Regards

Gavin
Old 3rd February 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Wrist strap E-1 without HLD

You need a plate at the bottom to fasten the bottom of the strap to - there is a pin on the HLD that the bottom of the strap goes around to provide the lower anchor.

There are loads of grip straps that are suitable on fleabay, or Op Tech do one I can personally recommend ( http://www.optech-online.co.uk/optec...-gripstrap.htm ). The problem with all of them I've seen is that you end up with a big lump on the bottom of the camera and it occupies the tripod mount. Some have a tripod mount bush included, which saves unscrewing the strap for tripod use, but the whole assembly becomes less than rigid... The Op Tech bracket is metal and therefore smaller than some.
Old 4th February 2010
gno

Re: Wrist strap for E-1 without a HLD

Thanks Hugh for the info regarding the plate on the bottom of the HLD, I wondered why how the base strap connected.
I had looked at the OP Tech range and they look like a possibility.
I have also found this Hama strap which seems to be a similar design to the Olympus GS2 but has a base plate, I wonder if anyone has used one of these?

Regards

Gavin