Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk

Accessory talk Those important extra system components.

Old 2nd February 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Keep your batteries in your pocket in winter !!!

I have to admit to my eternal shame I went out with the proverbial "kitchen sink" full of equipment to photograph a memorial this week. Having gone out in the and taken a few shots outside in the bitter cold my BLM-1 gave up the ghost.

No problem or so I thought, just get a spare from my bag. Despite spending the previous night packing my bag with everything, not a spare battery to be seen. Sense of humor failure is the next thing on the agenda! Just before I pack up and drive all the way home to sulk, I thought I would try the old trick of warming the battery in my pocket.

A few minutes later I am back up and running and manage to shoot approx 80 shots repeating the technique every time the battery gets cold and dies.

Phew, a happy photographer returns home, mission accomplished except for a having a backache from carrying around all the equipment I did not need!!

Cheers

Chris

PS Don't out you battery in your pocket if you have a pocketful of coins or keys otherwise you might just end up with a hot pocket rather than a warm battery!!