Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 16th January 2008
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Are you interested in a Studio Model Photography session: pls register interest here.

Hi All...

Are you interested in a Studio Model Photography session: pls register your initial interest here.

OK, last year I offered to do something similar to this on another forum, and ran a similar thread on that site - but I now no longer participate there due to a number of reasons that I won't go into here. Feel free to PM me if you wish to know, but please note I have no intention of bad-mouthing any other forum.

I have been interested for some time now in attending a Studio Modeling Session - but have no idea how I would cope if I were to do such a shoot on my own and feel this is something that perhaps several people could work on together and thus gain confidence off each other.

As a starter-for-10 - I would like to gauge interest from the good folk here on Olympus EG to see if this could be do-able and for me to be able to book a studio for a day, probably somewhere not too far from West Country/South Wales/Bristol area - together with a few models of course - and to hold a Studio Model Shoot session.

I am more than willing to take this on and organise it, to make all the necessary arrangements, and also to provide the initial funding to secure both the studio hire and any models for the day, but I'd obviously first need to ascertain the level of interest from photographers on here who may like to attend. There are costs associated with this type of event and I would of course be looking to recover these.

So, I would be looking for a certain level of commitment before I am able to book anything - i.e. models or studio. I do appreciate that costs/prices/dates etc are all important when considering such sessions, so please provide as much information as you can together with your thoughts and feedback on prices, availability, and your willingness to commit attend. Pricing I guess would totally depend on the number of participants, which to get the most benefit would need to be kept to a low(ish) number - say around 8-12 during the day, and costs could then be in the region of 50 - 80 each for the day (approx).

Incidentally: The reason I ask about payments is that if people are willing to pay a little more, then we could possibly get away with having fewer attendees during the day... thus increasing the chancs of such an event taking place... it's all about economies of scale...

Hopefully we can get enough people interested so that I can arrange something.

So, please have a think and let me know if you'd be interested in attending such a session... thanks all.

John