Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself Don't be bashful - please say hello so we can all welcome you here!

Old 25th July 2009
davidsa

Hello from sunny Bournemouth

I'm David, and, as of last Tuesday the proud owner of a brand new E620 (and the two "kit" lenses).

I've been playing with cameras pretty well ever since I can remember - first "real" camera was a Voightlander Brilliant, at the age of 11 or 12, (me that is - well the camera too probably), in the late 1950's. Then a couple of 35mm cameras, my first SLR being a second hand Topcon (remember those? - mind had a sluggish diaphram).

Later, (in the 70's) I had a couple of Pen FT's which converted me to the Olympus brand. Beautiful little things!

Then marriage meant evenings spent peeling spuds rather than mixing hypo. Later, when we were broke, the the Pen's (and lenses) had to be sold off - a pity but they were well worn. I was limited to simple film cameras and colour negative film for several years. Five years ago I acquired an Olympus Camedia 460 which has produced some nice clean shots and rekindled my interest.

The 620 seems an amazing beast, incredible complexity and capabiltiy packed into a small space. I am having lots of fun getting to know it and am pleased to find this site where I am sure there is lots of expertise on the genre.

The only problem is, as ever, what does one do with all those pictures? Flickr and the like help, I suppose.
Old 25th July 2009

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Re: Hello from sunny Bournemouth

Welcome to the site

Enjoy your 620 a very capable camera

Dave
Old 26th July 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Hello from sunny Bournemouth

Welcome David. I too am a new E620 owner, and really happy with it.

Graydon
Old 26th July 2009
EH1

Smile Re: Hello from sunny Bournemouth

Welcome David! It`s great to hear your enjoying your photography again.