Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Lens focus

Lens focus The place to talk about your camera's glassware.

Old 17th June 2009

Liked 37 Times in 12 Posts
Thumbs up Sigma joins Olympus in Customer Focus

My Bigma is still away on repair in Japan and I am off on holiday next week.

Sigma have sent me a new Bigma on loan whilst mine is being repaired. I did not ask for this but it was offered me. I received the lens late Monday and tested it on my E3. It is just as good as the original.

Ask yourself how many companies selling consumer products respond to Customer concerns in the way Olympus have done in the past for me and now Sigma? I suspect very few.

I am very pleased with my purchases from both of these suppliers and it is great to know that they are also concerned of our (the customer's) needs.

It is acts like this that should not go unrecorded.

Peter

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/
Old 17th June 2009

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Re: Sigma joins Olympus in Customer Focus

Good news Peter

Especially as I know you missed the exercise and the capability inherent in carrying the Bigma around.

Well done Sigma.

I just hope you've been weight training in the interim (a couple of bricks in the old camera bag?), so that you've still got the strength to carry it.

Nick

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
www.temple-fry.co.uk
Old 17th June 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Temple-Fry View Post
Good news Peter

Especially as I know you missed the exercise and the capability inherent in carrying the Bigma around.

Well done Sigma.

I just hope you've been weight training in the interim (a couple of bricks in the old camera bag?), so that you've still got the strength to carry it.

Nick
Thanks Nick. Just got to find the time to use it properly ........ next week Cornwall with a good weather forecast.
Peter

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/
Old 18th June 2009
Administrator

Thanked 3,126 Times in 2,436 Posts
Liked 4,406 Times in 2,090 Posts

Have a good holiday, Peter, and thanks for this reassuring report on Sigma - they obviously know the true meaning of customer service and should be commended!

Look forward to seeing some pictures from Cornwall.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there ó even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 18th June 2009

Thank you John. Organised this trip 2 months ago and look forward to it. The West country is such a beautiful place!

Peter

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/
Old 18th June 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Have a good time Peter and I will look forward to seeing all your posts on your return.

Barrie

http://bwpn.zenfolio.com/

http://naturalhistorycambs.blogspot.com/

Digital Equipment: Olympus E1 - E30 - E-500 | EC-14 & EC-20 Teleconverter | Zukio 14-45mm, 40-150mm, 150mm F/2, 50-200mm SWD, 70-300mm | Sigma 10-20mm F/4-5.6 SLD, 18-50 f/2.8 EX DC MACRO, 150 F2.8 Macro & 50-500mm (Bigma) |Tamron 135mm f/2.5 Macro 200mm f/3.5 | Optecka 800mm f/8 Prime | Wallimax 500mm F/6.3 Mirror Lens | Metz Mecablitz 36 AF-4 O Digital Flash | Manfrotto 055XB Tripod, Opticron Carbon Fibre "Traveller" Tripod, Sidewinder Gimbal Head, Manfratto 676B monopod, Manfrotto 322RC2 Head Lowpro Nature Trekker AWII, Lowpro Vertex 100 AW and Lowpro Toploader Pro 75 AW.
Old 18th June 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Norman View Post
Have a good time Peter and I will look forward to seeing all your posts on your return.

Barrie
Thanks Barrie. I shall try and get some good shots and perhaps give people an insight in what we have seen. Those fishing villiages etc are just crying out to be recorded.
I shall be taking a laptop and the campsite has internet access so I will likely post some images while I am there.
Peter

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/