Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk

Accessory talk Those important extra system components.

Old 25th March 2009
SkinHead

Smile Camera/laptop combo bag

hi everyone!
i am looking for a bag that can fit my 13" Mac and my camera(just the body-e510 and 1 all around lens). I am aware there are bags which are designed for these but i would really just want to bring the least amount of weight, esp when commuting to and from work.
has anyone got any ideas which brand/model i should get?
Thanks
Old 25th March 2009
emirpprime

Re: Camera/laptop combo bag

One thing that might get you more detailed replies, is do you have a preference which style of bag?
Backpack? Messenger? Shoulder? Briefcase? Convertible? Hardcase?

I personally love crumpler bags, they are not obviously camera/laptop bags and are very hard wearing. One of the deeper messenger bags would easily take a laptop and camera with one lens.
I also use my Oly backpack a lot, as when I am carrying laptop and a whole selection of lenses or just doing a lot of walking, the backpack is the most comfortable way to carry it.

All the best,
Phil
Old 25th March 2009
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,126 Times in 921 Posts
Liked 755 Times in 499 Posts

Have a look at the Billingham Hadley range. You can usually get a thinnish laptop between the back padding and the outer canvas. Not the cheapest, but they last forever.

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site
Old 25th March 2009

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

You might also look at the ThinkTank Urban Disguise range. The UD 50 & 60 hold laptops, and you can use them as a briefcase, with a shoulder strap or as a backpack (with an optional shoulder harness). They might be a bit bigger than you want, but they'll hold your sandwiches and a book as well! They're very well made.

Andrew
Old 25th March 2009
SkinHead

Smile Re: Camera/laptop combo bag

Thank you for all your suggestions guys, uv been a lot of help!
Old 25th March 2009
MarkVarley

we use mostly Tamrac bags, had some of them years and zero signs of damage (and they have a hard life), the others we have, lowepro is one, are showing wear after a year or so.

I use a Tamrac Cyberpack 9 when moving my laptop and camera gear but thats not ideal in this instance.

We have Tamrac 'adventure' series packs for light-jobs as the camera fits in the bottom section leaving the top section for 'stuff', some in the series have laptop compartments.

only other one I'd recommend is M-rock, had a look at some at a tradeshow and they look very very well thought out and well made, a shame they don't yet make anything big enough for us.
Old 22nd April 2012
breney

Does anybody have a tamrac expedition 5? Will it hold a 15inch laptop?
Old 23rd April 2012

Liked 154 Times in 67 Posts

There are many options indeed - including what I have which is the Fancier.