Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Photo challenges

Photo challenges Meet the challenge of posting your photos in fun competitions set by e-group users, or set one yourself!

Old 9th May 2008
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
6th E-group Photo Challenge

Hi All, here we go with the 6th e-Group Photo Challenge, the subject of which will be "family fun".

The challenge will be open to all members of e-group www site with shots taken between 20:00 on Friday 9th May, through to midnight on Saturday 24th May. Voting will take place between Sunday 25th May and will close at midnight on Saturday 31st may. I will announce the winner on Sunday 1st June.

IanC ran a great contest last time as well as a tight shop, and thanks to this everything went smoothly - so please do try to adhere to the rules once again. The rules as usual are listed below and anyone submitting pictures that do not comply with the rules will be informed of this, and will be asked to resubmit the picture in compliance with the rules. If this doesn't happen, I'm afraid the picture will not be included for judging.

The Rules

1. Please feel free to submit a picture that matches the nominated theme (in this case – "family fun") that must have been taken in the two weeks two days the challenge is open.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name and (b) your e-group forum name in the email. Any entries with watermarks or that are not clearly identifiable won't be entered into the challenge. (this makes it easier to organise)

3. Entries to the challenge should;
a. Contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects or borders
b. must be jpg format and 800 px on the longest edge
c. must have been taken on an Olympus E-Series camera
d. have all EXIF data maintained.
4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge.

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. If you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another, that's OK, but you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, and also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

Closing date for entries is midnight on 24th of May.

All entries to john@burnsworld.co.uk

Good luck to everyone, and as ever I look forward to a good crop of entries.

John

Old 11th May 2008

Re: 6th E-group Photo Challenge

I see many views have been made to this page which is encouraging... but no replies, which is not so encouraging!

For those who read this can you let me know if the category is OK please...? Thanks.

Old 11th May 2008
Codger

Liked 103 Times in 44 Posts

No problems with the category...

Just with my pictures at the moment!!

Give it a few days John, I'm sure they will start coming in.

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something" - Steven Wright
Old 16th May 2008

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Mr Musicman

As I am still very new to all this I am not sure about a couple of points with the rules

1; Watermarks not really clear what is meant by this, the only watermarks I know about are in folding beer vouchers.

2: How do you know if the EXIF data is there

These may be totally daft questions but as Chris Tarrant says if you dont know the answer the question is hard.
As we are having a family get together who know I may attempt to enter a photo

Thanks for any assistance in the future

Ian
Old 16th May 2008

Hi Ian

Watermarks - distinguishing note on a photo that allows people to identify who the photographer is. The competition is anonymous and so hence this isn't permitted.

EXIF - data contained within the image file itself that allows one to see character information about the photograph such as aperture used, shutter speed used, model of camera used, lens and focal length etc. We use this because thd images submitted must originate from an Olympus 4/3 camera.

Hope this helps...

Come on everyone - get your images submitted to me yeah.

Old 16th May 2008

Liked 689 Times in 247 Posts

Gosh - I'm sure I haven't been that busy. I seemed to have missed it and a few picture taking opportunities too.

I hope to be back with an entry.

Regards. Barr1e
Old 16th May 2008
ewan

No problem with the catorgory John.
Grandsons birthday today but the bbq party was cancelled due to rain, but its happening on Saturday no matter what, so indoors or out I should get a shot to enter.
Old 22nd May 2008

Not had many entries here folks... please have a go, go on... submit your images, there's just 3 days to go.

Old 22nd May 2008

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I'm trying to get one! I have the plan but it will be a "do or die" effort on Saturday!

Nick
Old 29th May 2008
ewan

Whats happened to the 6th E-group photo challenge?
Is my entry lost in cyber space?
With only a few days left for voting, where are the entries?

Ewan
Old 29th May 2008

Hi Ewan and all

I have unfortunately been asked to travel away from home this week and found myself in Austria for the first few days, and now am in Denmark. I am back home very late on Friday evening so I plan to commence the voting for the 6th e-group challenge on Saturday. Apologies for any inconvenience caused...

Old 13th June 2008
ndl0071

Hi

What happened to this comp, did I miss it?? If so where is the 7th? If not what happened?

Cheers
Neil
Old 14th June 2008

My sincere apologies to everyone here for not being able to get to the 6th e-group challenge just yet. Immediately following the 6th challenge starting, I was asked to do some extensive traveling throughout Europe which has put everything I had scheduled way, way behind. I am so sorry for those who have entered, but please rest assured that the travel is now over, and I can get the 6th Challenge re-launched again.

Forgive me though if I don't do this today as it is Heathers 11th birthday and we're shortly off to her party and the Pizza Hut - then out with some of her friends. It's a Hair and Beauty party and I have to take my portable studio kit to take some shots of the girls after they've been made-up. I might get to post some later.

So, I'll make my best attempts to get the #6th e-group challenge up and running by the end of the weekend.

Thanks to those who have submitted images (not too many of them though this time) - so if you want to add an entry now... I'll amend the rules to permit entries up to late tonight if you have any images that qualify for this challenge.

Again, my sincere apologies folks - especially also to those who have managed to run the challenge previously very well indeed, then it comes to me to run it, and I stall it!! Sorry folks...

Watch this space though and we'll be off again.

Thanks.

John

Old 23rd June 2008

Update:

Hi All - well at last I have managed to get the 6th e-group entries up ready for voting, they can be viewed here - http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthre...8697#post18697

My sincere apologies for the delay in getting this up and running, I have been somewhat up against it these last few weeks - difficult times and all that... thank goodness for families and photography eh!