Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-3

Olympus E-3 E-3 specific discussion.

Old 12th April 2008
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Standard eyepiece for E-3... mine's just vanished!!!

Hey everyone

Does anyone know where I can get a standard eyepiece for the E-3 please...? I have no idea what happened, but when I took my E-3 out of my bag this morning, the eyepiece was just not there. I've searched high and low for it over the past hour, but the darned thing has just simply vanished...!!

At the moment I have taken the eyepiece off my E-510 and am using that but obviously need to replace it.

Any advice please...? thanks.

Old 12th April 2008

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Standard eyepiece for E-3... mine's just vanished!!!

If dealers don't carry it in stock or can't order it, I've tried Olympus directly in the past and they've been able to sort it out.
Old 12th April 2008
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Luton cameras in Luton (Not the bristol office which is closing) can get most spare parts.

The E3 uses the EP-7 (I have a spare EP-5 if you want one FOC)

http://www.lutoncameras.co.uk/

http://shop.technikdirekt.de/en/a-fo...7+Augenmuschel
Old 13th April 2008
250swb

The eyepiece on the E3, or any other recent Olympus is a little loose from the factory. Mine was found in the bottom of my camera bag more than once.

If you want to tighten it up (or an E510 eyepiece etc) the method is to gently pinch it in from the sides with your fingers while tightening the two screws on the back a quarter or half turn using a well fitting screwdriver. This causes the plastic locking plate on the back of the eyepiece to bend slightly more than it is set at from the factory, and gets you a tighter fit. Be careful and don't go at it like a gorilla. I've done this for both my E3 and E510 and they now need a proper push to remove them.

Steve
Old 13th April 2008
Henk

Thanks for the tip Steve, I had to reposition mine a few times yesterday and have just applied the squeeze technique you posted above. It feels more solid now.
Old 13th April 2008

Liked 1,004 Times in 297 Posts

Although I am using the eyepiece supplied I have tried it with the ME01 magnifiying eyepiece which I still have from my E500 days.
This is very tight on the E3 also make the view very big,almost a bit to much so you have to look araound to see the shutter speed etc.

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr