Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Lens focus > Telephoto

Telephoto Lenses with focal lengths longer than 60mm.

Old 17th December 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Broken 50-200 SWD

Put my 50-200mm on my E-30 this morning, and it's not working anymore I think that the motor must have failed, as it doesn't auto focus any more. There is a faint hum as if it's trying to do something.

Unfortunately for me, I bought it barely used, so although it's still in it's warranty period, that only applies to the previous owner - is that right? I think it's going to be expensive! To make matters worse, my tv is in for a warranty repair too, I wonder what's going to break next!
Old 17th December 2009

Liked 530 Times in 228 Posts
Re: Broken 50-200 SWD

I think it's transferrable, but the rules do say you need the original proof of purchase.

Full details here:
http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/208_1564.htm

If you have the warranty card and not the proof of purchase, you could give the service department a ring, they are reasonably flexible. If the lens was manufactured within 2 years I think they'll do the repair as it MUST have been purchased within the warranty period. I'm sure I've done this before with the E-3.

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery
Old 17th December 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's interesting, thanks for the info. I've got the warranty card and receipt so I'll see what they say.
Old 17th December 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If the warranty is good,and Olympus won't assist, why don't go back to the seller. They may be able to return the lens in their own name. A lot of items today state that warranties are not transferable,perhaps it's just another cute method for manaufacturers of getting out of their responsibility.

All the best
Jack

Gut instinct is all very well,but the brain still has to process the answer