Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 23rd December 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Viewer 2: what is Isolated Point Removal?

Could anyone explain what the 'False Color Suppression' and 'Isolated Point Removal' sliders do in the raw edit pallette?

The help file mentions that the former removes color and luminance noise from an image. It's on 'auto' by default but I don't notice any difference to noise when I manually adjust the slider. How does this control differ from the 'noise filter' found elsewhere in the raw edit pallatte where settings of off/low/standard/high can be selected?

I haven't a clue about the Isolated Point Removal control.

Jerry
Old 24th December 2012

Liked 467 Times in 203 Posts
Re: Viewer 2: what is Isolated Point Removal?

I've tried these two on a very noisy image and couldn't see a difference, but Viewer2 is so slow to redraw it's hard to tell.

Isolated Point Removal seems to be a bit technical, eg it's mentioned in this medical imaging paper. A typical programmer-designed interface.

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery