Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus Pen E-P2

Olympus Pen E-P2 The second Micro Four Thirds system camera from Olympus, this time with a clip-on high resolution viewfinder.

Old 14th April 2010
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,125 Times in 923 Posts
Liked 750 Times in 497 Posts
Smile E-P2 first impressions

I have had my E-P2 since Friday but, since I work Sat, Sun and Mon, I haven't had a lot of chance to play with it. What I have seen, I'm impressed with.

The EVF is very good and controls are logical though a bit too easy to set by mistake. I also have the MMF2 adaptor which I use with my existing 9-18, and a Mk2 40-150 which I bought cheaply from Currys. This lens in particular works and sits extremely well with the E-P2. Focussing is quite quick, faster than the 9-18, and it's just as light.

For curiosity I weighed the total package and it came in at 2.2 Kg for the E-P2, EVF, 14-42 kit lens, MMF2 adaptor, 9-18 and 40-150, plus spare battery, and Billingham Hadley bag. Not bad!

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, Olympus E-1 + Olympus and Bronica film

My Flickr site