Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Dealers' Den

Dealers' Den The idea of this board is to provide a link between e-group members and Olympus UK dealers.

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Liked 108 Times in 78 Posts
Smile Re: Black Friday Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidB View Post
Still a few 'Black Friday' prices on ebay, and today there's a code to get 15% off camera lenses and filters using code PRESENTS

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/coupons/2018/presents.html?

This coupon is a 15% discount valid from 10:00 UK local time on 28th November 2018 until 23:59 UK local time on 29th November 2018 on purchases on eBay.co.uk in selected categories. Enter coupon code PRESENTS at checkout when prompted. The maximum discount you can receive is 50 per redemption and you are limited to one redemption

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Camera-Lens...8997/bn_176741

As max discount is 50, it's buy something costing 333.33 to acheive max saving.

EDIT: No big items of interest, so I upped what I would have considered a 17 bid reasonable to 20, enabling me to win the (filter related) item, then use the PRESENTS code to get cost (excl p&p) back down to 17 - result!
Using that discount coupon seems to have saved me just shy of 50 on a 60mm macro, from Great Western, who are an Olympus dealer.
If I read this all correctly, I can also get a 65 cashback from Olympus, meaning a new lens will eventually come out at 214.65, which I reckon is a bargain.

The nearest I have to a home page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
They're Watching You!
The Following User Liked This Post:
drmarkf (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Liked 2,456 Times in 772 Posts
Re: Black Friday Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidB View Post
All I'm going to get is another battery for my EM1 Mk2 for 55.99 from https://www.amazon.co.uk/Olympus-BLH...=blh-1+battery which according to the 3 Camels is their lowest ever price, and according to Camerapricebuster the lowest anywhere ever.
I got an email from Amazon about this as a Cyber Monday deal this morning (Friday!) It seems to be about the best deal on the BLH-1 battery anywhere at the moment, so I decided to order one as a second spare. It is a good price but still eye wateringly expensive.

Ron
drmarkf (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Liked 214 Times in 69 Posts

I got a free pizza from the takeaway with my order ..... beat that!
drmarkf (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Liked 44 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
I got a free pizza from the takeaway with my order ..... beat that!

15 'free' pizzas are available all year round from Dominos using Quidco.

Unlimited free Dr Oekter pizzas have previously been available by buying promotional packs with a code to get the next purchase for free (repeat again and again and etc.)

Getting back on topic, I sent most of them to my daughter at uni, and used the savings to buy more camera gear

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Liked 2,456 Times in 772 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olybirder View Post
I got an email from Amazon about this as a Cyber Monday deal this morning (Friday!) It seems to be about the best deal on the BLH-1 battery anywhere at the moment, so I decided to order one as a second spare. It is a good price but still eye wateringly expensive.

Ron
I ordered the battery from Amazon on Friday using their standard free delivery option. It has just been delivered early afternoon on Sunday. That is rather impressive.

Ron
MJ224 (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
I ordered the battery from Amazon on Friday using their standard free delivery option. It has just been delivered early afternoon on Sunday. That is rather impressive.
Impressive - but my experience was even better. I ordered a BLN-1 on black Friday for 39.68, which seemed a good deal - the order was placed at 23.00 on the Friday night and was delivered at 09.30 on Saturday morning, standard free delivery. 10.5 hours from order to delivery - how is it possible?
The Following Users Liked This Post:
drmarkf (2 Weeks Ago), MJ224 (2 Weeks Ago)