Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Photo challenges

Photo challenges Meet the challenge of posting your photos in fun competitions set by e-group users, or set one yourself!

Old 5 Days Ago
Administrator

Thanked 1,841 Times in 935 Posts
Liked 807 Times in 369 Posts
Generating new interest in photo challenges

It has been brought to my attention that the volume of entries to photo challenges here is not what it used to be! Therefore I am proposing that we relax one of the main conditions and that is the restriction of eligible images to those that have been posted on the e-group photo gallery.

I realise that the gallery is quite out of date and there are so many external alternatives. The gallery is not too difficult to use once you get used to it but I know some members haven't managed to get over that learning curve.

Sadly, I have not yet found an alternative gallery that integrates with the forum. So my proposal is that starting from the next challenge we allow images to be entered that are hosted on external sites like Flickr, Photobucket, Google Photos, etc. The original e-group gallery is not going away and of course entries using the gallery will be accepted as usual.

I do hope that this change will be welcome!

Ian
Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian For This Useful Post:
Graham_of_Rainham (5 Days Ago), The Technician (5 Days Ago), Wee man (5 Days Ago)
The Following Users Liked This Post:
angelpaaul (5 Days Ago), IainMacD (5 Days Ago), skids (5 Days Ago), The Technician (5 Days Ago), Zuiko (5 Days Ago)
Old 5 Days Ago

Thanked 1,066 Times in 951 Posts
Liked 972 Times in 645 Posts
Re: Generating new interest in photo challenges

Yes Ian I am guilty of not joining in;will have to sort that out but having said that and again I am guilty the number of posts containing photographs has dropped maybe the winter so one could be linked to the other. Also a lot of the old familiar names seemed to have dropped out, I do see some of them on other sites so they are still active.

If you give up smoking,drinking and sex, you don't live longer, it just feels like it.
Old 5 Days Ago

Liked 767 Times in 456 Posts
Re: Generating new interest in photo challenges

Another point to consider, most photographers have a preferred genre and don't take random pictures just to use the camera. My guess: if the chosen topic for the challenge doesn't align with the member's interests, then the individual doesn't join in. Also worth considering: open the judging to everyone, the photo with the most 'likes' wins. Since photography is so subjective, the opinion of an individual is irrelevant, but a consensus has more chance of being correct.

on flickr
The Following Users Liked This Post:
MJ224 (5 Days Ago), skids (5 Days Ago)