Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 28th February 2010

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Would have challenged all England for musique, foot-ball and ringing

So said John Aubrey of Bishops Canning.

Anyway it's Sunday, not a bad day to try your indulgence with another church. In this case St Mary the Virgin at Bishops Canning. Almost a 'pocket' cathedral.

and my favourite from the shoot, the lady chapel (which is geometrically a bit odd)

A write up and some other images can be found at theChurchPhotographer...

E-3, 11-22, Photomatix, The GIMP

Nick

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
www.temple-fry.co.uk
Old 28th February 2010

Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Re: Would have challenged all England for musique, foot-ball and ringing

I really like 1 & 2, and especially 1 for the bright colourful hassocks that ofset the dour tones of the stonework. As for your favourite,4, was it not possible to move the notice board in the bottom left corner?

I must start visiting all my local churches. Many thanks for inspiring me!

Bob
Old 28th February 2010

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS View Post
I really like 1 & 2, and especially 1 for the bright colourful hassocks that ofset the dour tones of the stonework. As for your favourite,4, was it not possible to move the notice board in the bottom left corner?

I must start visiting all my local churches. Many thanks for inspiring me!

Bob
Please do visit local churches and share your results with us, it would be be great to see other takes on a subject matter I seem to be unfortunately monopolising.

I'd already moved 2 piles of chairs out of the way to get this shot, but I did rather like the incongruity of the noticeboard - oh well.

Nick

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
www.temple-fry.co.uk
Old 1st March 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Temple-Fry View Post
Please do visit local churches and share your results with us, it would be be great to see other takes on a subject matter I seem to be unfortunately monopolising.

I'd already moved 2 piles of chairs out of the way to get this shot, but I did rather like the incongruity of the noticeboard - oh well.

Nick
Sorry Nick, I didn't realise that the notice board was part of the plan! Having looked at it again, I think that the fact that it is incomplete, cut in two, grates a little in my old eyes. But that's me.

I've logged onto your link (theChurchPhotographer...) and your photographs look super against the page colour. Unfortunately, any shots that I have of church interiors (other than 'snaps' shot in France last year) were taken with non-Oly cameras so I'll have to make the rounds again.

Regards
Bob
Old 1st March 2010

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS View Post
Sorry Nick, I didn't realise that the notice board was part of the plan! Having looked at it again, I think that the fact that it is incomplete, cut in two, grates a little in my old eyes. But that's me.

I've logged onto your link (theChurchPhotographer...) and your photographs look super against the page colour. Unfortunately, any shots that I have of church interiors (other than 'snaps' shot in France last year) were taken with non-Oly cameras so I'll have to make the rounds again.

Regards
Bob
Oh well plans, we all know the fraility of notions.

Thank you for looking at www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk, it's worth noting that it is not just a duplicate of the shots shown on e-group. Churches and photographs are appearing there that are not shown here, and of course my attemps at prose may provide unintentional amusement.

Nick

www.temple-fry.co.uk
Old 1st March 2010

It's been a pleasure looking at the various church photographs on that website and as for unintentional amusement, that's usually the result of looking at my own attempts.

Your photos of the church in Yatesbury has brought back memories of my 'square-bashing' at RAF Yatesbury and PT runs over the hills by the White Horse. Oh, such enjoyment! It was, really.

Bob